Extreme lag
Hey, I'm looking to see if anyone can help me here.
I've been messing around with the PCSX2 options, I've tried messing with speedhacks, but ingame cutscenes and ingame content in general is extremely laggy regardless, and even moreso if there's a lot on screen. Here's my computer specs;

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8143 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 3.299 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

As for what I have checked and unchecked is;

[Image: 1sliew.jpg]
[Image: 24mf692.jpg]

Sponsored links

start by enabling all recommended speedhacks, especially MTVU hack.
Which game are you trying to run ? From ISO or directly from your PS2 DVD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Which game(s) specifically are you having problems with? Some are known to be incredibly slow even with top of the line i7's clocked at 5ghz+. Others need rather specific settings to make managable.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-02-2013, 12:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: start by enabling all recommended speedhacks, especially MTVU hack.
Which game are you trying to run ? From ISO or directly from your PS2 DVD ?

I've tried before, but turned it off since I didn't get anywhere
I tried running the game Primal from a PS2 disc, and since made an ISO out of it to see if it would perform better, but to no avail..
When you play the game, what are your percentages for EE, GS, and VU (on average)?
(04-02-2013, 12:28 AM)Koji Wrote: When you play the game, what are your percentages for EE, GS, and VU (on average)?

30 FPS (but this really doesn't look like it at all, more like 20FPS, sound maybe running around the same, I've also tried the VU Cycle Stealing, and the sound will run fine at level 3, but the graphics slow down to a crawl, even at level 2)
EE 100%
50% GS
VU 10%
hmm.
Maybe you could try software mode with 3 extra rendering threads...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
EE at 100% means your CPU just can't keep up. When it says "30fps" it generally means 30 out of 60 (US or Japanese game) or 50 (European or Australian game) in other words, the game is playing at half speed.

I don't have a copy of Primal to test myself, but if speed hacks aren't helping any, then it may just be one of those games that requires a godly processor to handle.

(Just to further explain, EE, GS, and VU are 3 seperate parts of the PS2 being emulated, if any of those 3 numbers reaches 90-100% it means that it's maxing out the CPU core dedicated to that portion and your CPU just isn't fast enough to push that game full speed)
(04-02-2013, 12:34 AM)jesalvein Wrote: hmm.
Maybe you could try software mode with 3 extra rendering threads...

Hmm I gave that a try, but the game seems to be unaffected by this change
FPS on cutscenes now is 18FPS

(04-02-2013, 12:37 AM)Koji Wrote: EE at 100% means your CPU just can't keep up. When it says "30fps" it generally means 30 out of 60 (US or Japanese game) or 50 (European or Australian game) in other words, the game is playing at half speed.

I don't have a copy of Primal to test myself, but if speed hacks aren't helping any, then it may just be one of those games that requires a godly processor to handle.

(Just to further explain, EE, GS, and VU are 3 seperate parts of the PS2 being emulated, if any of those 3 numbers reaches 90-100% it means that it's maxing out the CPU core dedicated to that portion and your CPU just isn't fast enough to push that game full speed)

Hmm, thanks for clearing that up
I may just have a go playing another game and see if anything happens, maybe Primal is just one of those games
Thanks again for all you guy's help!
Set renderer to direct3d11(hardware)