EyeToy Play Lag and Camera Issues
Sad 
I'm trying to run the EyeToy Play games on the newest nightly release, but only the first one seems to run with my camera and is extremely choppy, both while using the camera directly and while using an OBS virtual camera set to the correct resolution. I'm using the integrated camera in my laptop, not the official camera.
EyeToy Play 2 is distorted and doesn't reflect my camera at all (none of my movements show up, it's just this):
[Image: 5Bv9BQp.png]

And EyeToy Play 3 just has a black screen:
[Image: oZq618t.png]

I'm using the European versions if that matters (since those are the ones I own). Has anyone else encountered this? Are there any settings within PCSX2 that I need to mess with to make it work?

Sponsored links

A known problem, just like these. It may be that the EyeToy games can never be properly emulated. You can only wait and see. Smile
It's so odd that it seems to work for some people and not others, then... I'm running PCSX2 in portable mode, would that make any difference? Or is it purely a hardware issue?
It has nothing to do with the portable mode and it is mainly a hardware problem, yes. In addition, your PC must first successfully and correctly recognize the camera itself and this requires special drivers and special tricks to install these drivers on newer PCs, which is where things start to get complicated. This means that if the EyeToy camera does not work correct on your PC, it will definitely not work in the emulator. Some users were able to play with a specific smartphone app as a camera replacement, but unfortunately i do not know anything more about this. But please do not despair anyway. Smile
Wait, so I'd have to install the EyeToy camera drivers on my PC even if I'm not using the actual physical EyeToy camera?
Only if you want to use the official EyeToy camera on the PC as a webcam. The drivers that are available for this are only for Windows and have nothing to do with the emulator. You can try to use a different camera (without these special drivers), but then you will not be able to use certain functions such as the Dark Room LED, which the games require. However, i advise against installing the drivers, as it requires technical knowledge and you should first find the correct driver for your EyeToy camera. In short: Try not to make the EyeToy games work with the EyeToy camera for the moment, because it will not work. I wish i could give you a more pleasant answer, but i hope that i was still able to „help” in some way. Laugh
Guess I'll just sit patiently and wait until it gets fixed, then!
If it can be solved. Let us hope for the best!
Here is how I play eyetoy play 3

Install OpenBroadcastSoftware
settings -> video 320*240 set 30 fps (I prefer 25 since it seems to work better that way, PAL version)
add your webcam to sources
start virtual camera

Now open PCSX2, controller settings
In USB chose Webcam (eyetoy), sony eyetoy
Device name obs virtual camera

And you're good to go, start the game Smile

From time to time you may experience black screen or random colors on screen like in OP, just uninstall and reinstall obs virtual camera (run virtualcam-uninstall.bat and virtualcam-install.bat) and it'll work again
I also run pcsx2 as admin, dunno if that matters to solve these issues whenever they happen but you can try