F1 2002 issue/problem
Hi all and developers,

I ask this because I don't find anything on the internet about it.
I would like to play F1 2002 because I think is one of realistic and funniest f1 game on the console, but on the emulator it says "no controller in controller port 1". so I can't start playing because it appear before the main menù and can't continue

Sponsored links

This game isn't listed in the compatibility list.
It's possible it isn't playable yet. Give the latest svn a try,, but maybe you'll have to keep playing it on your ps2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The svn builds are outdated, get the latest git build and try playing the game. What plugin are you using for controllers ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yes jesalvein, the game is not even in the compatibility list (why?)

ssakash I tryed with pcsx2 1.3.1 and lilypad and ssspsx plugins, both giving the error

Any suggestion? Or can I do a reminder to the developers/contributors?
Confirmed. It doesn't detect a controller. This is why it's not listed in the Compatibility List I guess.

The beginning intro cutscene FMV is also completely messed up, (both software and hardware GSdx.)

Funny enough the controller responds at that area to the "X" button, but after that you're greeted with the No Controller in Port 1 message.

(PAL version, there's no US release, and I don't own the Japanese version, so I can't test if it happens there as well.)

[Edit]
Updated the Wiki on this as well.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-27-2015, 08:24 PM)stefano88 Wrote: Yes jesalvein, the game is not even in the compatibility list (why?)
Probably because it hadn't been tested by anyone until you...
Maybe you could make a compatibility report with a "menus" status, then.
Until then you won't have any other choice than playing it on your ps2...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Posted a compat report in the 'Request for new games' thread.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Maybe prafull can fix that. He blocked some of these checks.

Maybe this game is looking for a wheel and is annoyed by the usbnull plugin? Can you test if it works if you use a real usb plugin?
prafull actually nopped a certain value of the game (which in case was the loading function of the game which was changing the value of an address) and hence, the game was able to get past the previous part which caused the freeze.

Here's the steps on how to do it:-
Quote: 1. Make sure you have an address in-hand before starting. If you don’t have one you could use the Code Scanner to find one
2. Go to your address by hitting G, pasting it in the box and hitting Enter
3. Highlight the line of the address. If your exact address isn't on the list, it's between two lines. Highlight the line closest to your address rounded down; then hit either the B key (to turn the current line into four separate lines), or the H key (to turn the current line into two separate lines).
4. Right-click the line with your address and click Set As Write Breakpoint
5. If the game hasn’t frozen already, do something in the game that will make the value of your address change. For example, if you used a Score code, do something that will make your score change
6. The game should freeze. You’ll see a brightly-coloured line on the list. This will either be the line that changed the value of your address, or the line above it. The one that changed it will say something like ‘sw x,$xxxx(x)’, ‘sb x,$xxxx(s)’, or something very similar
7. Double-click the line that you think changed the value of your address (check the suggestions above). Make sure you double-click on the Converted Values section (with text like e.g. sw x,$xxxx(x)). A box should appear
8. Type nop into the box, and hit Enter
9. Unfreeze the game by clicking the Continue button on the right. If it freezes again on the same line (this is a glitch, sorry!), click the Step button and then click Continue.
10. If the game freezes again on a different line, repeat steps 6-9 until the game stops freezing
11. If the game’s still working, congratulations! You’ve just removed a piece of the game code that changes the value of this address (and, if you’re particularly unlucky, possibly the values of some others too… =P)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Except that the game is not freezing. It's not detecting the controller. The game itself runs fine, but you can't do anything due to the controller not being picked up. So it's completely different than the other games that prafull patched, because there's not actually anything wrong with the game itself apparently. I think this is more of a plugin issue somehow or a root pcsx2 issue.

@will: I'll try your suggestion later when I get a chance to. Unless the OP gets to it first.