FF X-2 periodic black screen flash
Is your card outputing at 60Hz mode on your screen? It might add a black frame instead of interpolating to catch up with the refresh rate. Also make sure you have your power plan set to high performance and from Nvidia panel that pcsx2 always uses this card. If the problem persists, try to use the Intel GMA card and check if it does the same. If it does the same then your chipset or/and it's drivers might be the reason to blame, if it doesn't then I guess it's a problem with your Nvidia card.
Also do me a favor and try to play any PC based game or any benchmarking application that has a DirectX 9/10 option and also try the same thing with any emulator that runs using OpenGL like JPCSP or the OpenGL renderer on Dolphin and tell me if it does the same stuff. Looks like Nvidia screwed up their drivers after 306.xx-ish releases causing random isues.

Sponsored links

Yeah, the output is to my lcd tv at a 60hz refresh rate. I'm guessing this is probably the culprit. Tinkering with the refresh rates in the display settings only allows 60hz, 30hz interpolated (which still displays at 60hz) and 24hz. I tried them all and the blinking occurs with all of them.

Is there a way to change the refresh rate in pcsx2?
What is the rate my tv should be at?

Any other ideas?

Thanks again for the help!

Edit:

Sorry, realized I forgot to respond to the other suggestions in your post.
I changed the power plan from balanced to performance in windows and switched it from adaptive to performance in the nvidia panel. I'm unsure of how to switch to integrated graphics to test that out.

Thanks again!
No prob.
There is a setting called something like 3D Settings Management in the Nvidia panel.
On the General Settings Tab, there is an option called something like "Prefered Graphics Processor".
It must have 3 options, Automatic, Nvidia Processor, Integrated.
Choose, Integrated and press then the Apply button and try again the test.

Make sure also that you revert it back to "Automatic" or "Nvidia Processor" cause you might experience performance loss in other stuff if you forget it.

Also, try to test PC games, JPCSP and Dolphin in OpenGL mode and benchmarking tools that can run in both OpenGL and DirectX like this one if you have the same issue: http://unigine.com/products/tropics/
It doesn't look like I have the option to choose integrated graphics in the nvidia control panel. The only thing close is the option to designate the CUDA processor and my gtx670 is the only option available.

I also ran the benchmark tool you linked to in 9,10,11 and GL modes and had no issues. I also haven't experienced any issues in any of the other games I've played so far. I did switch dolphin from dx9 (which I guess was default) to dx11 and that *seems* to have fixed the issue. Guess I'll just have to give metroid prime an extended play session to be sure. (oh no!Tongue2)

I have used both the dx9 and 11 plugins for pcsx2 in both hardware and software modes and the blinking occurs regardless.
Wait, I thought M620 is not supporting DX11 but DX10 only.
Ahh... I see the reason for confusion. M620 was OP's specs.
I somewhat hijacked the thread due to having the same issue.

Sorry about that.

I also misspoke about the dolphin emulator. Meant to say I changed it to d3d11, not directx11. There still seems to be a little blinking happening, but its almost completely gone. (maybe due to extra strain on the graphics card and so not needing to produce a blank frame to sync with monitor refresh?)

(10-29-2012, 08:12 PM)ender010 Wrote: I'm having this problem as well. I've tried 3 games so far: Okami, FFXII and Rogue Galaxy and it happens in all of them.

I've tried some of the fixes offered in similar threads and unfortunately none of them have worked. The issue is strange, almost like the emulator is blinking, inserting a black frame every 10 seconds or so. I've tried all the interlacing methods and I made sure vsync was off both in pcsx2 and in the nvidia control panel. Disabling aero only changed the flash from black to white. The problem occurs using either Direct3D9 and 11 both in hardware and software modes. I've also tried using the AVX and SSE41 versions of the GSdx plugin.

CPU: i5 3570K
GPU: EVGA GTX670 FTW
RAM: 8GB
PCXS2 version 1.0.0

Okami was played from disc, while FFXII and Rogue Galaxy were both isos. I'm also playing on an LCD tv via HDMI cable if that makes a difference. I do not experience this issue in any other games.

Thanks in advance for any help!