FF XII 12 FPS
You could cut the framelimiter all the way down to 15, then. Tongue

Or, if you haven't, and it sounds like you haven't, enable native res. If that doesn't work, then enable speedhacks.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...

Sponsored links

CPU: Q9550 (4x2.8GHz)
GFX: Geforce 285
RAM: 8 Gigs

steady 50FPS on 6x natives Resolution
Pretty close to giving up, I got the frame limiter to work a bit now. Moving PAL from 50 to 30 helped the most. Yes, it is on native. It's just so strange because I have played this game on a previous PCSX2 version, higher resolution and on a weaker laptop.
Is it your GS% or EE% that is maxing out at 100?

If it is GS, try lowering the frame limiter even more or use the frame skipper in the configuration settings.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Not sure what they mean, but the EE is maxing 100 at times and the GS will stay under 50.
EE% you can simply understand as how much of your CPU is used for emulation of ps2 engine. GS% same but for GPU. Even simpler said, the thing that reaches 100% first is what slowing down the emulation. I would still say it's Vista;P, if I would seen two windows systems, one with win 95, other with win Vista, I would firstly laugh from the second one and that's while I used it only for a week when neighbor left me his laptop to do some cleaning. Week - more than enough to hate Vista=_=;.

Eventually some programs you installed and are sitting in the taskbar eating your cpu resources. It's stupid but among things that could slow down cpu soo very much, one is a possibility of your system having a virus, the other is a complete opposite - resource hugging anti-virus/firewall.
Thanks for all the effort everyone put forth in helping me. I love this game too much to not play it, even if I sometimes get completely ***** frame rates. I tried all of your suggestions and things are going much, much better. Much appreciated.