FF XII 12 FPS
I am somewhat knew to PCSX2, I have played and beaten FFXII on another PC and with a previous version of PCSX2. Now on my laptop I have very low (10-15) FPS, noticeably lower when looking at a battle or a cut scene.

I have spent a few hours scouring the forums, how to videos, etc. to come up without any improvement.

Here are my specs, I know it is somewhat of a stretch to play on this laptop but I would really like to enjoy this game again.

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4092MB RAM
Page File: 2956MB used, 5439MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Display Memory: 2808 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1018 MB
Shared Memory: 1790 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Configuration

I have selected SSSE3, others are default.
GS Configuration ButtonLaughirect3D10(Hardware), Interlacing(none), 2x native, unchecked native, texture filtering, allowed 8-bit textures.

Emulation settings, on mostly default for now. I have played around with them for hours trying everything a newbie could think of.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored links

(07-02-2011, 03:15 AM)Omnicide Wrote: Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Even with my 2.33Ghz processor, I cannot play this game on the full 60 FPS even with full speedhacks (which break other things anyways). You're definitely not going to be playing this game without upgrading your CPU. Sorry.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I would settle for 30 fps...
This game might work if you set the NTSC or PAL framerate (depending on which one you have) to half in the pcsx2_vm.ini file (My Documents/PCSX2/inis). Also turn on all speedhacks and slide the sliders to max (except VU Cycle Stealing to 1) - I believe that doesn't break anything.

Or it could break it, but it's something to try.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Maybe the reason for such low fps is Windows Vista here, personally I would treat this OS like dog s... ;P walking hell distance around, but guess some people didn't had much choice. Even if I underclocked amd cpu to 2ghz now to check(fast with k10stat;P) I still had easily 40-50fps most of the time and amd is worser for pcsx2. Maybe try turning off aero and pretty much everything else that makes Vista look nice it probably slow downs your GPU which is slow already. Turning on Native res, and off texture filtering in case you have it on maybe could help a bit too.
Just to be clear, and to not let this post and concept go to waste...as I have read many similar posts of people in similar scenarios. What settings would you use for a system such as mine, in order to play a game such as FFXII, even under a minimalist level such as 20-40 FPS. Thanks.
Lower the internal resolution (try native),
and give some Speedhacks a try.

Make sure you're playing from an ISO file and not the disc,
and also that your laptop's Power Plan is on "High Performance" or the likes.
max out every speedhacks and then go down from there. Instead of going up
Did lowering the frame limiter help? That'll help make it run closer to full speed, if it doesn't break it.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Thanks for the tips so far guys, I really appreciate it. I went step by step from left to right through the emulator configuration tabs until I had the best results and then I tried to change the frame limiter in PAL and NTSC to half, one at a time. There was no tangible difference from altering the fram limiters. The sound remains fragmented, much like the FPS. I can still only run the game during combat at about 15 FPS. Is that about all to try on this PC?