My specs :
Dell inspiron 15R notebook
i3 350M 2.27ghz
4gb DDR3 1066mhz
512 mb GDDR3 ATI HD5470(notebook)
32 bit windows 7 professional with directx up to date
PCSX2 0.9.7 beta r3113 with accompanying plugins

Problem:

how good do u think will it run PCSX2 ??? Bcos my final fantasy 12 runs real slow. it drops from 60 fps to dead 20 fps. what should i do???? also when i updated my windows with win updater PCSX2 stopped running FF 12. Threw an error whenever i started it "Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.(thread:EE Core)". then i used system restore and it started working again. please help!!!SadSadSadSad

Sponsored links

im using the r1888 build, i wasnt sure where to find it so i just rapid-searched it. if you're able to download from there heres the link *removed*

make sure you know what your processor is capable of [sse2,3,of4] and use the corresponding gdsx plugin [provided in that archive] just remember to reset the bios and plugin and memcards directories. and to put the language back to english since its set to russian as of now. nadastrovia! [i think]

anyway, post back i'll try to pop back in and help ya out as much as i can.

then maybe you can tell me why the main characters voice acting is so, uhh... ok.

good luck!

p.s. i have 1.5 , INTC and status hack enabled in the speedhacks section, and in the cpu, i ticked everything like a madman!! also i limited at 61 and frameskip when drops below 57.. i dont know if that was too extreme tho, maybe no need for the frameskip setting..

its not playing a hundred percent for me, i do get som skipped words every once in a long while, but all in all im happy with the results. im not sure what the skipped words would be, maybe from the frameskip setting?

any insight would be appreciated.
There is no reason for him to use beta 1888, which we no longer support here anyway. 0.9.7 beta is better in every way, so he should be using that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
oh actually there was a thread here which stated that, thats the only reason i looked for that version [how i knew about it too] i guess that user here was mistaken, or i might not have noticed the date!

anyway, glad to know i can use 097, i didnt like having an extra shortcut just for this game.

Thanks Bositman, on top of things as usual!
well i just found out and remembered why i did go for the 1888 version, as was mentioned in said user's thread, for some reason when using 1888, theres no longer the audio skip/kag thing that happens every twenty seconds or so.

if you know how to set 097 so as to get around that bug, thatd be cool. but as for now, it seems i have to restore a deleted shortcut .... Tongue

------------edit-------------

wow, i forgot how much better it looks on the 097 build..

now if i could only figure out that darn audio lag thing out.. it only happens during the cgi fmvs.. not the ingame cutscenes.

---------------------edit------------
honestly its running faster for me on the 1888 build, i dont get that slow down that seems all too often when using the 097 build. weird.
i love how i got a 33 percent warning level, rather than an actual 'warning', just for trying to help someone out.

sorry, some people really can't eye the blue on black font, it all looks blurry to me, hence my blatant ignorance of this forums rules.

sounds like a lame excuse but, hey its just one of the reasons why i didnt read the rules to the letter. even tho i did see the unofficial builds part, i figured that meant for non pcsx2 emulators.

anyway, the person im talking to is in the shadows so i'll shut up now.
Hey guys thanks for replying. I tried doing all speed hack combination but it still didnt help. but i think i might have put the laptop performance to power saver so it didnt work out.
but now on high performance mode it seems a bit better.

to be exact when i move up the steps in southern plaza in rabanastre after coming through the gates i used to go as low as 20 fps but now its like 40 .standing in front of the fountain like waterfall is giving average 40 fps.

*Important* when i update windows pcsx2 stops recognising my FF 12 disc. haven't tried any other ps2 game on my laptop.both 64 bit and 32 bit windows.i tried the latest svn and official beta but both gave an error.is new update screwing with pcsx2?? please check out this problem and rectify in upcoming revs.

r1888 used to do a fine job on my old Q8400 2.66 mhz intel 512 mb hd4870 with ff12 and tekken 5(a bit laggy in the feathery scenario)
Quote:honestly its running faster for me on the 1888 build, i dont get that slow down that seems all too often when using the 097 build. weird.

In any case you can keep using it, but don't suggest it to other people since we will not support it as I previously said here.

Quote:sorry, some people really can't eye the blue on black font, it all looks blurry to me, hence my blatant ignorance of this forums rules.
You can change the forum theme in User CP->Edit Options to the myBB default one if you prefer that.

Quote:*Important* when i update windows pcsx2 stops recognising my FF 12 disc. haven't tried any other ps2 game on my laptop.both 64 bit and 32 bit windows.i tried the latest svn and official beta but both gave an error.is new update screwing with pcsx2?? please check out this problem and rectify in upcoming revs.
This is pretty obvious it is NOT a PCSX2 bug but a hardware/driver bug which we can do nothing about.
[Image: newsig.jpg]