FF XII on 0.9.6 and/or 0.9.7 controller/lag issues
I have a copy of Final Fantasy XII that I've managed to run on both PCSX2 0.9.6 and 0.9.7

Using the best 0.9.6 settings I could find, the game is still a bit choppy at times. The sound cuts in and out and is almost unbearably stuttery during certain menus and especially during in game cutscenes. This may be related to frame rate issues but I'm not sure. However I have managed to get the game to run fine for the first couple minutes despite the stuttering.

On version 0.9.7, the game seems to run smoother on the opening cut scene, alas I can't get past the opening scene because the controller config isn't working. I can set up the controller functions using the libonepad version but I can't get it to work in game. I also can't seem to be able to install OnePAD 1.1.0. on the menu bar, libonepad is the only option.

System Specs

0.9.6 Settings
Plugins:     Graphics:     Audio:    

0.9.7 Settings
Plugins:     Graphics:     Controller:    

So it seems I've got 2 options. Find a way to combat the stuttering on 0.9.6 or find a way to fix the controller settings on 0.9.7 (which may or may not have stuttering issues later in game)

Any ideas would be much appreciated. If any other information would help, I can try to get that as well.

Sponsored links

UPDATE!

I found a thread detailing the best FFX settings and found they work well with FFXII on 0.9.6. I had to replace the default graphics plugin with ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 which is available from the downloads section. A quick google search for "ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0" will find it. Don't have time right now but I'm going to do some tweaking later and try to get the best results possible. If I get the game running flawlessly I'll report back here. Right now my settings have the in game and most cinematics running well while some of the in game cutscenes still stutter a tiny bit.

Also, I managed to get to the first save point and save/reload without any problems.

This is just personal preference but I can't stand the game's inverted right joystick controls. I'm going to see if there's a way I can fix that in the settings easily. By the way, I'm using a PS3 controller connected through USB.

More details at this thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-Bes...#pid164681

I'll report back anything else I find.