FF12 - Movie, CRC & Cheats
Hi

I'm from Germany, my English is not sooo good. I hope you will unterstand me...

I have 3 Problems:

1st: There no Movies show in FF12. If I push "F9" -> Movies show, but all other in Software. So in Game I must Movies -> "F9" -> Play -> F9 -> Movies -> Oh "F9"... -.-

2nd: In my Log is no CRC: (And I don't know why...) Wenn I start the Game from original DVD, there also no CRC...

Code:
PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350  - compiled on Aug  1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  8182 MB
    CPU name         =  AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
    Vendor/Model     =  AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
    CPU speed        =  3.213 ghz (6 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  178bfbff 00802009
    x86EFlags        =  efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
    MMX2  .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\gsdx32-sse2-r5350.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (8.17.10.1151)
    Binding  PAD: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\PadSSSPSX.dll
    Binding SPU2: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
    Binding CDVD: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
    Binding  USB: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\USBnull.dll
    Binding   FW: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\FWnull.dll
    Binding DEV9: S:\Emulator\PlayStation2\PCSX2\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9640 games on record (loaded in 187ms)
    HotSwapping to new ISO src image!
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (8.17.10.1151)
    Init PAD
    Init SPU2
    Init CDVD
    Init USB
    Init FW
    Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
    Opening GS
    Opening PAD
    Opening SPU2
    Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: E:\Desktop\   \FINAL_FANTASY_12.iso
    Image type  = DVD
    Fileparts   = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1976704 sectors)
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: E:\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: E:\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: Europe  v01.60(04/10/2001)  Console
    BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59,94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50,00 fps
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...
Closing plugins...
    Closing DEV9
    Closing FW
    Closing USB
    Closing CDVD
    Closing SPU2
    Closing PAD
    Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Decommitting host memory for virtual systems...
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset

A Reinstall from PCSX2 has brought nothing.

3rd: I have no CRC, so I cannot start Cheats... I don't know the CRC for CRC.pnach

It's FF12 - German

Hope you can help me.

/Edit: pcsx2-r5350

Sponsored links

1: Get the latest svn version, go to Emulation settings -> Game fixes -> Tick Enable manual gamefixes -> Tick Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays.
That way software mode is always used for FMV playback, and then switched back to hardware automatically when playback ends.

3: The CRC for the German PAL version should be DC2A467E. Try that and see if it works.
CRC does not work...
May not be related with your problem but you should avoid having files at the desktop. At much as a temporary working space that should be totally cleaned afterward (better yet is changing the configuration of everything using the desktop as download point, temporary files place and so on).

That's because the Desktop is a special folder that Windows polls frequently. Even icons is advised to keep the minimal there.

That said, try making another ISO from the DVD, preferably using the application called Imgburn which does the job without the many nonsense and particularities some commercial applications love to make the user's life a little more "exciting" trying to troubleshoot the problems they cause. Ah, and rip it directly into a user's created folder and not the desktop (have I said it already? Smile )
Imagination is where we are truly real
The folder is a folder created from me, not OS.

And the CRC-Problem is also with the DVD. Not only the Image.
(11-21-2012, 10:28 PM)TS1981 Wrote: The folder is a folder created from me, not OS.

And the CRC-Problem is also with the DVD. Not only the Image.

Try making a save state in-game (press F1).
Then look into the folder where these are saved, which is in your User directory if you used the default installation. Or check the menu this way:

Go to Config (Konfiguration) -> Plugin/BIOS Selector -> Folders (Ordner) -> click 'Open in Explorer* (Öffne im Explorer)

This should open the folder with your save state. Ideally, there'll only be the one save state you just made in FF12. This savestate will be titled with your game ID, the game CRC in brackets and the slot number.
Example:

SLUS-21255 (DCFBB290).00.p2s
Sorry, I saw E:\Desktop and thought it could be a second Windows (but I'm not sure actually how two windows works in a same machine, dual boot I mean, and map the HDs), anyway is strange to see a user's made folder called Desktop Smile

But again, second the log, in that same E:\Desktop\ \...

there is a non printable folder name that is confusing PCSX2 possibly. For that reason it can't read the information and then saving may not help finding it at all.

Just copy the ISO to a folder without any complicating things and try again.
(11-21-2012, 10:45 PM)Krude Wrote: Try making a save state in-game (press F1).
Then look into the folder where these are saved, which is in your User directory if you used the default installation. Or check the menu this way:

Go to Config (Konfiguration) -> Plugin/BIOS Selector -> Folders (Ordner) -> click 'Open in Explorer* (Öffne im Explorer)

This should open the folder with your save state. Ideally, there'll only be the one save state you just made in FF12. This savestate will be titled with your game ID, the game CRC in brackets and the slot number.
Example:

SLUS-21255 (DCFBB290).00.p2s

Good Tipp... but in SStates are 4 Files:

BIOS (00000000).00.p2s, *.01.*, and there backups...
(11-21-2012, 11:27 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Sorry, I saw E:\Desktop and thought it could be a second Windows (but I'm not sure actually how two windows works in a same machine, dual boot I mean, and map the HDs), anyway is strange to see a user's made folder called Desktop Smile

But again, second the log, in that same E:\Desktop\ \...

there is a non printable folder name that is confusing PCSX2 possibly. For that reason it can't read the information and then saving may not help finding it at all.

Just copy the ISO to a folder without any complicating things and try again.

No, no, I have just one System. But my documents, Desktop, etc are at "E". Oh, and PCSX recognize its own files, the folder PCSX is created by PCSX.

This " " is "ALT"+0160 (NUM) - It's not a blank. (I don't like text on my Desktop Wink ).

I made a new ISO already to Desktop. Without success. And if I start from the DVD in the DVD-Rom, he recognizes it either.
(11-22-2012, 02:18 PM)TS1981 Wrote: No, no, I have just one System. But my documents, Desktop, etc are at "E". Oh, and PCSX recognize its own files, the folder PCSX is created by PCSX.

This " " is "ALT"+0160 (NUM) - It's not a blank. (I don't like text on my Desktop Wink ).

I made a new ISO already to Desktop. Without success. And if I start from the DVD in the DVD-Rom, he recognizes it either.

I meant there is a seeming blank space for the name of folder in the log, maybe PCSX2 doesn't like files in it also. Still I meant only as something to try. The reading of the DVD image content is done by a plugin not by PCSX2 GUI. I mean, non ASCII characters in the 127 range as the name folder may be the very cause, actually.

What leads to another possibility. How are you reading the ISO image? by a plugin or using the internal ISO reader?

One secure way to do it is chosing "Iso" at the CDVD tab and then selecting the ISO file from that same tab wherever it is. Once it is done go as you already did to the System tab and Boot CDVD (Fast)

... But now comes the trick... Make sure you don't have the DVD mounted in a drive or the ISO mounted in a virtual drive (I mean like Daemon tools for example), for that may confuse the emulator (it did that once and may do still).

PS: sorry for the highlighted text, the only intention is to point something that was cause of many issues in the past and "maybe" be still a problem.

If you prefer using "Plugin" at the GUI, that's OK also, but try the two methods, see if one works. In this case you need indeed to have the DVD in the driver or the ISO mounted in a virtual drive.

Since you said the DVD is read without problem and I suppose you followed the advice and made another ISO using that little but good program Imgburn, known for working well creating flawless ISOs for PCSX2 use, one may assume the problem is not in the ISO itself.

About the "Desktop" ... Please avoid it, even if it is just a simple, common and unpretentious folder, the name is confusing. If it is the real thing you moved to there (or is all your windows in E:?) it should be avoided to host files. Keeping files in the real Desktop is a sure way to kill Windows performance.