FF12 set up for windows 8
(05-28-2014, 04:16 AM)Pietrau Wrote: i dont see any Direct3D11 hardware there?! i only see "Direct3D10 hardware" How come?!

Your card doesn't support dx11, that's all. DX10 is just as good for it

and "FPS" = Frames Per Second. 60(NTSC)/50(PAL) is max

Sponsored links

Hey Saiki! thanks for returning!

so does this mean i have exhausted everything i can to speed things up in final fantasy 12?

By the way...would it be the same scenario if i play other ps2 games or not? i hope not so that i can at least play other titles though.

i will try to attach pictures of the settings i made for it...

hoping for your reply...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-28-2014, 09:37 AM)Pietrau Wrote: so does this mean i have exhausted everything i can to speed things up in final fantasy 12?
that's highly possible.
Quote:By the way...would it be the same scenario if i play other ps2 games or not? i hope not so that i can at least play other titles though.
Depends. which game(s) do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can still increase the sliders for VU/EE cycle rate/stealing.. (but one by one and keep in mind that VU cycle stealing can fake fps)
The settings I worked on are perhaps the most stable I figured out
Some of the battle will also slow down, but luckily everything slow, unlike lag that can cost ya.

Fps = frame per second.
hi guys! thanks for all the help...

i have tried several adjustments and i think it really boils down to the specs i have...Dont get me wrong...its playable still, but there are some areas or fight scenes that makes everything slow down. Also, as i adjusted the settings, especially the VU/EE. It seems that the sound became more horrible...like all of them are "drowning" at times...hehehe! not all the time but several times it does like that.

over all...i think if i really want to play it...i just have to deal with those slowdowns now and then. If not...then there is nothing i can do about it. Unless of course u have other ways i can adjust it. I posted my settings so if there are still others out there who has suggestions...feel free to do so...i will very much appreciate it! Smile (It would be great if someone who has the same spec as i am and was able to work ff12 on their computer...that would be awesome!!)

Cheers!
Best to play on your ps2 if the game's really slow.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Hey Saiki! I just want to make sure of things...

What i actually used to adjust my settings was this thread of yours:
--> http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-P...0-settings

Was that the right one? I only listened to your video and the instructions there.

I just want to ask, what are those words that are "grayed" below the yellow-fonted words on the thread? the one with the "Quote" on it, Is it part of the adjustment of settings? should i change mine with what is listed there? Apologies for now knowing computer stuff.

Smile
@jesalvein - Am planning to try Final fantasy 10 there as well...and probably capcom vs snk?