FF12 set up for windows 8
Greetings! I am very much new here...with using PCSX2...and sadly much about everything that involves playing ps2 games on my laptop. Do kindly help me and i do apologize for being a newbie.

I recently downloaded the newest patch of pcsx2 here and was able to get my hands on bios for it. I tried loading my game(Final fantasy 12) for the first time and it worked fine with the beginning video if it, some lagging here and there but its all good...until i got myself to the first scene where i control my player.

The sound was very choppy and was slow and "gritty" sounding. The movement of the player and its surrounding is in slow motion as well. :'(

I havent done anything with the settings so if anyone can help me with it. I will very much appreciate it! Smile

To be honest, i really dont know if my laptop can play it, so might as well put my specs here...i know its not for gaming and compared to others here, i know its below the red line..then again...i just have to cross my fingers. hehehe!

(I dont even know how to write it correctly here..haha! am such a noob!)

OS: Windows 8.1 single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
System Model: HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook14
BIOS: F.18
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2375M CPU @ 1.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.5Ghz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX: DirectX 11

Sponsored links

you'll have to keep playing it on your PS2.

A dual core @1.5 Ghz is definitely too weak.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
full speed is doubtable, but my guide will help a little if you want to try it
I ran ffx12 on a core 2 duo running at 3ghz with 2gb of ram and the integrated video. FF12 wouldnt play smooth on it without speedhacks. I'd get slowdowns very frequently in the game. While the core i3 is a bit more efficient chip, the 1.5 ghz will hurt you quite a bit in that laptop. I'd recommend staying with the ps2.. I think you would run into thermal throttling pretty quickly if you continued to run it on that machine, which would make it even worse.
I got FF12 running fine on 2.2 without slowdowns.. (save for ONE animation) point being.. This pc could probably do better, but needs to be explored further
I also can play FF12 without almost no slowdowns on my 2.4GHz Core2Duo. It is a very light game.
Agreed, but 1.5 ain't even remotely close to 2.4. With speed hacks I was able to play pretty well, but the Intel IGA 3100 was a major limiting factor. Worst slow down s was the first battle and when they blew up the nethicite
Since we have the tool - Single thread performance (higher is better, above 1k is considered to run many games smoothly):

Intel Core2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz: 924 (me)
Intel Pentium E2200 @ 2.20GHz 787 (Saiki)
Intel Core i3-2375M @ 1.50GHz: 757 (Pietrau)

As you can see it is at least not far away from saikis specs. I would give it a try.
Hello guys! thanks for the early replies!

Awww! Sad so u guys mean i cant play it here? hmmm...that sucks! i was so excited about it because when i was watching the beginning movie, i was like playing with it in ps2...very smooth with very little sound lagging only. I thought with just few adjustments i can do it.

Anyways...i am still not gonna give up and will be trying Saiki's guide.

Saiki - Hey! i am now trying to do the changes in my settings using yours...and i am in the in point on changing my "plug in settings" "render" "direct3D9" to "direct3D11 hardware" as i am seeing on your video....BUT..when i click the drop down box...i dont see any Direct3D11 hardware there?! i only see "Direct3D10 hardware" How come?!

Another thing i am concerned about is the speed of the sound...like for example cut scenes on the game(final fantasy) when the character speaks...the sound seems to be in slow motion and doesnt jive the movement of the characters.
just an update guys....

i have tried searching on youtube(having said that Saiki hasnt replied yet) for some guides on "speeding up" the emulation of final fantasy 12...

Here is the latest one...i dont know if its ok to post it here:
*snip (full of piracy)*

i am still searching for the most compatible of all.

Over all the game looks fine...the FMV are smooth...the only things i am concerned about is when there are cut scenes where the character speaks...it begins to get slow especially the sound. Sometimes when i am on the map...especially in town...it does get slow as well

Question:
What is "fps"....whenever i try to play the game, i can see on the top of the screen numbers and all, and this "fps" numbers changing. I observed that when it comes to "60" the game runs smoothly...but it does decrease(as i said when on town/map and all) to about "40" at times and would make the game slower. How can i be able to maintain it to "60" and above then? is there an option on the settings that would increase the "fps"? This is such a noob question but please bare with me. Laugh