Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFVII Remake
I know this has nothing to do with PCSX2(apart from that you'd never be able to play this game on PCSX2), but I ha an idea:

Why don't we all save up £40million and collectively produce a FFVII remake?

Silly idea, yes =]

A serious question though; if you won the lottery (let's say you win the biggest lottery there is in Europe: the Euromillions) with a massive rollover, so about £60million. Would you produce a FFVII remake?
[Image: sig01.jpg?t=1282269242]

Sponsored links

And who should produce it?
Maybe you could split Square Enix again, then let Squaresoft handle it.
Would be a great day for the industry Tongue2
Would be, but I'd still be happy with a Squeenix remake.

Since I'm not a fan of the Dragon Quest series I don't know, but has DQ gotten better or worse since the merger?
It would lose the nostalgia aspect and end up as a very different game due to having to be up to modern standards.
Just the graphics style alone would force things to be different.
Some games are ment to be left untouched.
[Image: 1454055.png]
I'd actually want a different game since I finished the original like 10 times Tongue2
A remake should still be JRPG, with a round based battle system.
All the rest is up to the imagination of the remake crew.
Just hire a few fans of this game, do a brainstorming, you'll come up with something great easily.
The source material is great Tongue2
(08-28-2010, 10:06 AM)ChronicNL Wrote: It would lose the nostalgia aspect and end up as a very different game due to having to be up to modern standards.

I don't think it would; with the likelihood that the person/company that DOES produce will probably either be a hardcore FFVII lover(maybe Hironobu Sakaguchi - original producer) or someone who can just see ££££ in front of their eyes, and will just give Squeenix enough to just say 'make it perfect'

(08-28-2010, 10:06 AM)ChronicNL Wrote: Just the graphics style alone would force things to be different.

It would only force them to use 3D surroundings as opposed to rendered backgrounds, so I don't really see a problem here.

(08-28-2010, 10:06 AM)ChronicNL Wrote: Some games are ment to be left untouched.

Hopefully not this one =]
There's a forum dedicated to modding the PC version of the game. From what I've seen and tried out it's looking pretty good. They haven't got a LOT of stuff done, but what they do have done it looks good.

http://forums.qhimm.com
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
IIRC Qhimm is the guy who created the JENOVA and Griever save game editors for FFVII and FFVIII respectively; as well as a wonderful program called Triple Triad Gold =], so good things can be expected of this.
What would remaking FF7 achieve? What part of it's story or gameplay would be improved by producing it on a newer machine?

Only one thing... graphically... which isn't worth it.

If Squenix is to remake something, it needs to be something that will truely benefit from the update. For example, I'd much rather see FF6, which had a very deep and involved story but could have made a much larger impression if rendered in CG (the PS1 port helped a little, but also suffered greatly from load times and other issues)
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'd prefer to see FFVIII remade. CG scenes and actually graphics ingame were way too separate quality-wise and it felt odd when they tried to put em together... it would be an improvement graphically which it needed Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64