FFX-2 Opening Cinematic Issues
Hey everyone! This is my first time here ^^ I've scoured through looking for fixes that might make the cinematic run smoother, and I've done F5 and F9 and it has fixed most of the issue (vertical lines throughout the picture and the bottom being black), but now the audio is extremely slowed down, and sometimes repeats itself (not to mention the subtitles are off-timing, but that is negligible).

My Specs are:
Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.33GHz
4GB RAM
Radeon 6850
Windows 7

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been having an itch to play this game for a while. (If it helps any I've managed to get Persona 4, Persona 3:FES, KH 1 and 2, and FFX to run very smooth so far).

EDIT: The gameplay is extremely smooth, it's just the cinematics that have an issue.

Sponsored links

Use the latest SVN: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
And in that new GSdx set extra rendering threads to 2 after choosing a software renderer
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The sound is still distorted and slow :/
FFX FMVs are known to be extremely demanding. an your CPU only has Ghz., That's why.
if you can, try overclocking
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Except I can run FFX cinematics perfectly, and Im talking about FFX-2.

If overclocking is the only option then forget it, I suppose. I'm moderately computer literate but Im not playing around like that.
(12-30-2011, 03:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Use the latest SVN: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
And in that new GSdx set extra rendering threads to 2 after choosing a software renderer

I'm sorry, but I would like to ask how does the software render would be actually more feasible than the hardware render?
He needs software mode for the videos to display properly, and what I posted will speed up software mode.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-30-2011, 05:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: He needs software mode for the videos to display properly, and what I posted will speed up software mode.

Uhm, from my understanding to your FAQs, using software will cause more strain on the CPU instead of balancing the processing with both the CPU and GPU. Considering that the Radeon 6850 HD is pretty substantial and powerful enough, I'm going to say that hardware is going to work much better than using a full CPU load.

Also I'm having a hard time understanding this quote

(12-30-2011, 05:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: FFX FMVs are known to be extremely demanding. an your CPU only has Ghz., That's why.
if you can, try overclocking

Disregarding the overclocking statement, what the hell does the bolded mean? Please clarify.
(12-30-2011, 05:42 PM)darkness35 Wrote: Uhm, from my understanding to your FAQs, using software will cause more strain on the CPU instead of balancing the processing with both the CPU and GPU. Considering that the Radeon 6850 HD is pretty substantial and powerful enough, I'm going to say that hardware is going to work much better than using a full CPU load.

Not just this, but I managed to get the videos to look fine with F9, but my FPS hovers around 36-38. When I tried between software and hardware, the hardware ran much much smoother.

Im essentially at the same place I started.
Software rendering has a way of emulating "cleaner". (as you can see)
Even though hardware rendering has use of the GPU (and it does improve performance), it has some graphical issues.

The speed of a processor is what determines the speed of software rendering. More Ghz on the given architecture improves the speed of the processor.