FFX-2 Opening Cinematic Issues
(12-30-2011, 06:15 PM)Rezard Wrote: Software rendering has a way of emulating "cleaner". (as you can see)
Even though hardware rendering has use of the GPU (and it does improve performance), it has some graphical issues.

The speed of a processor is what determines the speed of software rendering. More Ghz on the given architecture improves the speed of the processor.

Unfortunately, in cases like this, if you can't even get a consistent 60 FPS performance on a program, what's the point of having "cleaner" emulation? It's great to have a good method of quality emulation, but what's the point of it when you can't consistently run a game at a normal framerate? It's like telling someone to put extreme graphic settings, AAx8, 1980 x 1080 in Crysis and expect it to run smoothly without the use of a current SLI build at 60 FPS.

My point being, quality doesn't matter if you can't even get overall consistent gameplay that doesn't hinder the experience at all.

Sponsored links

Quote:Disregarding the overclocking statement, what the hell does the bolded mean? Please clarify.
I mean "only 2.33ghz" (bloody phone Tongue2)

to answer your last post : this is what emulation world aims at.

to give you an example : snes has been emulated at its perfect state recently with bsnes. Did you just have a look at its requirements ? It's extremely heavy even if snes hardware looks ridiculously low today.

AFAIK, emulators always tried to render games as perfectly as possible, without thinking about the hardware requirements since as Moore law says, processing power barely double every 2 years.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Get a 2600k with a decent GPU or stick with the ps2 console. Take your pick.
(12-30-2011, 10:53 PM)tuanming Wrote: Get a 2600k with a decent GPU or stick with the ps2 console. Take your pick.

So I come here for help and this is the kind of reaction I get? "Spend more money or stick with the console". I was looking for help where I could possibly improve my FPS, not rude comments that don't contribute at all. NOT TO MENTION my GPU is perfectly "Decent". It's a 6850.

To the others: Thank you for your help thus far, I will continue tweaking the emu to see if I can get it to work slightly better on my own.

(12-30-2011, 11:02 PM)Avidita Wrote: So I come here for help and this is the kind of reaction I get? "Spend more money or stick with the console". I was looking for help where I could possibly improve my FPS, not rude comments that don't contribute at all. NOT TO MENTION my GPU is perfectly "Decent". It's a 6850.

To the others: Thank you for your help thus far, I will continue tweaking the emu to see if I can get it to work slightly better on my own.

option 3: Try speedhacks.
So I was trying to do some configurations with specs similar to Avidita on my laptop, and I can confirm that there is something wrong with the cutscene overall. The audio lags or studders while the video is playing. I'm not getting any framerate issues with hardware, but the audio is very choppy. Software settings, it seems to run "decently," but again, I don't know if it's the speedhack configurations or the emulator isn't optimized still but the audio somehow lags as well.