FFX-2 fixes?
Is there going to be any fixes for ffx-2 coming up soon? the black bar isnt bothering me, but even the graphics looks kind of ....terrible (or is it just me?) it looks super grainy

Sponsored links

???
FFX-2 works fine except for the FMVs...
And this is more a gsdx bug than a pcsx2 bug.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
cheers for the reply, im not sure
comparing to ffx, ffx-2 looks really ***** on my emulator...
even with naive x2 or x3 the battle scenes and stuff look pretty grainy , maybe ill take a screenshot Smile
What black bar? What "super grainy" look? Any screenshots?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
one second shadow lady! Laugh
and i know why its grainy, i kept it on F9 Tongue silly me Blush
anyway heres the black bar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's only on the videos which are like 5 in the whole game.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
exactly what I said.
This happens only in the fmvs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-12-2011, 03:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: That's only on the videos which are like 5 in the whole game.

Ah thanks Bositman! Smile
Didn't know , i just bought ffx-2 just today Laugh
All cinematics in the PAL version of FFX2 is 16:9 ratio, unlike the NTSC version, which is 4:3 (see screenshots below). But unlike other games where the 16:9 movie should be at the center of the screen with 2 small black bars on the top and the bottom, FFX-2 PAL FMVs are on the top, leave the bottom of the window a big annoying black bar. I think this is PSCX2 bug. Playing on my PS2, FFX-2 PAL FMV is on the center of the TV screen.

Luckily you do not play FFX-2 PAL on PS2. Like FFX, FFX-2 is a bad conversion from NTSC. Its aspect ratio is 16:9 and has 2 annoying black bars on the top and bottom of the screen and all "fat characters", except for the FMVs, which are 16:9 on purpose. I was really angry with that disc when I bought it. When playing on PCSX2, the gameplay is 4:3, like the PAL version of FFX. Don't know what PCSX2 does with it.

Here is the NTSC version of FFX-2:
[Image: FFX-2NTSC.png]

And here is the PAL version:
[Image: FFX-2PAL.png]

As you can see, the PAL version's FMVs are 16:9 on purpose. There're more details on the left and right side of Rikku, and the bottom is cut off a bit.

Edit: I ran them on PCSX2 0.9.6 more than a year ago on my crappy laptop Celeron 560 2.13 Ghz. I haven't tested it again in 0.9.8 but maybe it is still the same.

/ to edgedaniel Set the window ratio to 4:3. You're using 16:9 ratio and Rikku looks too fat Blink.
(07-12-2011, 03:59 PM)Livy Wrote: All cinematics in the PAL version of FFX2 is 16:9 ratio, unlike the NTSC version, which is 4:3 (see screenshots below). But unlike other games where the 16:9 movie should be at the center of the screen with 2 small black bars on the top and the bottom, FFX-2 PAL FMVs are on the top, leave the bottom of the window a big annoying black bar. I think this is PSCX2 bug. Playing on my PS2, FFX-2 PAL FMV is on the center of the TV screen.

Luckily you do not play FFX-2 PAL on PS2. Like FFX, FFX-2 is a bad conversion from NTSC. Its aspect ratio is 16:9 and has 2 annoying black bars on the top and bottom of the screen and all "fat characters", except for the FMVs, which are 16:9 on purpose. I was really angry with that disc when I bought it. When playing on PCSX2, it is 4:3, like the PAL version of FFX. Don't know what PCSX2 does with it.

Here is the NTSC version of FFX-2:
[Image: FFX-2NTSC.png]

And here is the PAL version:
[Image: FFX-2PAL.png]

As you can see, the PAL version's FMVs are 16:9 on purpose. There're more details on the left and right side of Rikku, and the bottom is cut off a bit.

Great research there Laugh
i just bought the PAL version just for the pcxs2 aswell! haha
i still kinda like the look of the ntsc version as its more....full , well at least it fills up the whole screen! Laugh haha