FFX-2 in-game video problems
Hi guys, first of all as my first post I'd like to say thank you to the developers for this beautiful emulator. I'm very impressed by how much you have accomplished, and the variety of options for configuration.

Second of all, thank you to all of the people who frequent these forums in order to help others.

Before I go on, my computer specs are:
Intel i7-2630QM 2ghz 8-core
12 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 560m 3GB Video card
Windows 7 64 bit

I am currently using PCSX2 0.9.9.5088 (SVN). I have also tried with 9.9.8, and have the same problems. These settings are running software mode with Native resolution. I have tried every other main graphics change (Direct3d9 software, hardware, direct3d11, hardware, software, etc.) My settings are currently Direct 3d9, running hardware mode, f9'd onto cine for software (if that makes sense, it probably doesn't).

After a lot of searching through the forums, I've nearly fixed all of my cinematic problems. My only remaining problem is a brown area at the bottom of the screen (which was black with a previous version of PCSX2).

The cinematic problem isn't huge and is negatable. The real problem is once I actually get into the game, the characters and backgrounds can look really blocky and pixelated. I have attached three photos to showcase the problems. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks !

Photo Album
^Ignore the yuna cutscene in the first two photos, that's just the way the photos were cropped overtop of each other.

Sponsored links

best thing to do would be to switch between software and hardware mode, depending on what you actually get (FMV or gameplay)
you can do it by pressing F9 ingame.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I do do that, but it really doesn't change anything. It fixes cinematics, but that's about it.
It mostly depend on how you set hardware mode up.
Use scaling, increase internal res to make it look sharper.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks, by that did you mean turn the Native multiplier up? I did that, and it looks beautiful now. It now looks beautiful !

http://imgur.com/hNj77

I'd like to make the following suggestion to anyone else in the future with choppy graphics and a good computer : Put it on Native resolution, and turn up the multiplier. It worked very well for me.

Thanks again.
When you use the x2,x3 scaling etc it is NOT in native, native is the initial resolution of the game. The multipliers are multiples of that resolution.
So if the game's native resolution is 512x512 for example x2 scaling would be 2*(512x512)=1024x1024, x3 scaling would be 3*(512x512)=1536x1536 etc etc
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I see. Well, it definitely worked for me!
with your gpu you should put it all the way up to 6x native and you would still probably get full speed. I did that with Star Ocean 3 and it looks WAY better than Star Ocean 4 on the PS3, but it only ran at 45 fps so I had to tune it down to 4x native. That is one game where you really can tell the difference between increments (x4,x5 etc.) In Final Fantasy you won't notice as big of a difference but still...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
Qaddafi keep in mind it's a laptop Smile and yes with my hardware I'm able to play FFX-2 on 1920*1080 on hardware and switch to software on the same resolution for the CG Vids, still not perfect 60 fps, but atleast the sound lag is almost gone, which I had before. Smile