FFX Choppy Sound Fixed
I downloaded the latest beta + plugins and the new speed hacks seem to have fixed the choppy sound problem. I had speedhacks and everything enabled (tested with disabled) before, but with the addition of these new bits the cursed sound problem seems to have gone away!

I had idle loop fast-forward checked first before enabling VU Cycle Stealing but it didn't make a difference with the choppy sound. I turned VU Cycle Stealing on "slight-speed up" but again no difference. However putting VU Cycle Stealing on "Moderate" worked miracles, haven't had a single sound issue yet. Game almost always running on full speed. Good job guys. Laugh

For those interested I'm using these settings (was too lazy to type it out, sorry):

[Image: pcsx2_speedhacks.png]

[Image: pcsx_graphics2.png]
I used the DX10 plugin but the DX9 fixes the vertical lines that sometimes goes down the character's faces.

[Image: pcsx_sound.png]

[Image: pcsx2_advanced.png]

Everything in CPU is checked, Frame Limiting on Limit of course.

Sponsored links

You should disable the Edge-AA option in the graphics plugin, it only works in software mode and you are running DX9 hardware.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(04-28-2009, 11:17 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: You should disable the Edge-AA option in the graphics plugin, it only works in software mode and you are running DX9 hardware.

Oh thanks, will do.
Intel C2D E6550 @ 2.8ghz
4GB of RAM
Gainward Bliss 9600GT GS
Windows Vista 64bit
This is nice for you, but a somewhat decent pc would play the game at fullspeed anyway.
Thus the audio plugin would never have to cope with too slow play rate (which you ingeniously made worse by disabling timestretch, it's there to fix the bugs you describe Tongue2 ).

So yeah, the hacks didn't fix any "problem" with the emu or the game, they just made it possible for your pc to run this fine Smile
(04-28-2009, 11:20 PM)rama Wrote: This is nice for you, but a somewhat decent pc would play the game at fullspeed anyway.
Thus the audio plugin would never have to cope with too slow play rate (which you ingeniously made worse by disabling timestretch, it's there to fix the bugs you describe Tongue2 ).

So yeah, the hacks didn't fix any "problem" with the emu or the game, they just made it possible for your pc to run this fine Smile

Yeah, I noticed that anytime the sound issue kicked in the FPS was at 40 or so. I searched through the forum and others were having the slowdowns as well. I didn't like the timestretch because the slown-down voices seemed to annoy me more than the choppyness. Either way, I wanted to post it for people with similar specs or just those interested. Happy
Intel C2D E6550 @ 2.8ghz
4GB of RAM
Gainward Bliss 9600GT GS
Windows Vista 64bit
(04-28-2009, 11:23 PM)Crono Wrote:
(04-28-2009, 11:20 PM)rama Wrote: This is nice for you, but a somewhat decent pc would play the game at fullspeed anyway.

Yeah, I noticed that anytime the sound issue kicked in the FPS was at 40 or so. I searched through the forum and others were having the slowdowns as well. I didn't like the timestretch because the slown-down voices seemed to annoy me more than the choppyness. Either way, I wanted to post it for people with similar specs or just those interested. Happy

I try your specs, and now instead of choppy sound when characters talk I get a choppy sound from the ambience. Any guys know a fix? I'm trying to play san andreas.. maybe its not yet in line with the emulator..
may i know what version of pcsx2 u using??
cause i dont have that much option in the speed hack config.
n what version of graphic plugin u use?
thx Smile
Well if you have images blocked you won't see that he's using GDSX plugin and seeing as he said in the first sentence that he downloaded the latest beta + plugins... The answer is latest beta.
My problem is with the sound, the image is fine