FFX Crash
Question 
Hey guys I just recently started using pscx2 1.1.0 and I'm trying to run FFX SLUS-20312 on my computer.

Specs:
processor: i7@2600 3.4ghz
ram: 7460 Mb
video: nvidia geforce gt 620 @ 1024 MB

All of the emulation settings are set to default except the speedhacks (disabled). Everytime I get to the first fight of the game this is what i get.

If anyone could please help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks Laugh
Life is what you make it

Sponsored links

39 cheats loaded?! And what is PCSX2CE.jar?

Nice desktop wallpaper anyway.
(04-27-2013, 11:13 AM)Livy Wrote: 39 cheats loaded?! And what is PCSX2CE.jar?

Nice desktop wallpaper anyway.

Biggrin PCSX2CE.jar is a raw code converter i found on this forum. the cheats are mainly for tidus but yeah i've tried running the game with the cheats enabled and also without the cheats enabled Sad
Life is what you make it
Nice wallpaper Laugh.did u try official version from here http://pcsx2.net

without touching anything?

Also u loading save state,it is possible u changed any setting in the emulator.that's why when u loaded save state,it crashed.try to save game in memory card & check if problem again happen!!
Saw reports about Dev9 plugin causing crash issues. look at the plugins config window and if it is something else than Dev9null.dll (or the equivalent build numbered version) backup them and delete from the plugins folder. Test again.

Ahh, while you are on this, move the whole PCSX2 outside the C:\Program Files (x86). At this time everyone should know already to avoid it, these MS protected directories are trouble even for native PC games which use plugins and mods.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-27-2013, 11:41 AM)Preet Wrote: Nice wallpaper Laugh.did u try official version from here http://pcsx2.net

without touching anything?

haha thanks and yeah i tried 1.0.0 originally and it didn't work so i checked the compatibility list and they recommended 1.1.0 on here. i switched to that version but still no luck (cheats enabled and disabled on both)

(04-27-2013, 11:43 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Saw reports about Dev9 plugin causing crash issues. look at the plugins config window and if it is something else than Dev9null.dll (or the equivalent build numbered version) backup them and delete from the plugins folder. Test again.

Ahh, while you are on this, move the whole PCSX2 outside the C:\Program Files (x86). At this time everyone should know already to avoid it, these MS protected directories are trouble even for native PC games which use plugins and mods.

ah ok thanks yeah i've been running it on the dev11 (hardware) 3x native. i'll try that and moving it as well. thanks again. i'll let you guys know if it works Biggrin
Life is what you make it
Ok so I've deleted all other plugins and moved the folder to a different location and still getting the same error Sad
Life is what you make it
The plugins seems right, your video card is the weaker link in this system but should work without problems with this game. Unless it is being overtaxed by excess post processing, like upscale, MSAAA.

First, try that change suggested before, move PCSX2 out of Program files. A folder named C:\PCSX2 or C:\Emulators\PCSX2 should do the trick.

Create an empty file inside PCSX2 main folder and rename it as portable.ini

Move possible PCSX2 folder under Documents so to overwrite the current one (don't worry, this wont delete anything in there, just add whatever was under the PCSX2 under documents, like saves, and so on).

Delete the files inside the inis folder, they may be messed by now, lets the emulator remake them (the first install wizard will pop up once again).

Even if not resolving the current issue (possibly will) that's an important step which may spare you a lot of headache from now on.
thanks, yeah i moved it out of the previous location from program files and also made the portable.ini file then did the steps and it pretty much had me start from scratch but still the same error on the first fight
Life is what you make it
(04-27-2013, 12:21 PM)alaskan87 Wrote: thanks, yeah i moved it out of the previous location from program files and also made the portable.ini file then did the steps and it pretty much had me start from scratch but still the same error on the first fight

Please post the emulog.txt (found at the logs folder). Hopefully it may tell us what is going wrong.

I assume you have the cheats disabled for the testing. Besides, try from a new game or from memcard. Sstates may be corrupted at this point.

Leave "Automatic games fixes" always enabled, also.

PS: Something must be wrong at your side, this game is known to run fine, mainly under such powerful CPU. As stated before, the 620 is the weaker link in there, man, this CPU deserves at least a midrange+ videocard, like 650 and above (not I'm telling you need it to play this game).