FFX Crash After First Seymour Battle
Basically I am on the first Seymour battle, I defeated his aeon and then I defeated Seymour, just after the battle sequence begins a cut scene where Seymour is staggering and Yuna and the guardians are looking at him at this point the graphics go all weird and it crashes, I am running Vista 64 bit.
I have tried switching graphic setups and it still crashes in same spot.

Sponsored links

And what are your pcsx2 settings,plugins used and pcsx2 version.

If you are using some of the betas try disabling the speed hacks(if they are enabled) and microVU 0/1 from CPU
I am using the latest 0.9.6 version of PCSX2, (I downloaded it from the site last week) and my settings are as follows:

Graphics: GSdx 890 SSE2
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controllers: Lilypad 0.9.9
CDVDRom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.4.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

I have so far tried:
Switching the graphics settings to Zero GS
Switching sound to PE. Op
Tried disabled the VU recompilers
Disabled the INTC Speed Hack

So far the only difference made was from disabling the VU recompilers, it was extremely slow and got nowhere for the 5 minutes I left it.
Try with the newest beta
(10-07-2009, 08:08 PM)RJ3000 Wrote: I am using the latest 0.9.6 version of PCSX2, (I downloaded it from the site last week) and my settings are as follows:

Graphics: GSdx 890 SSE2
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controllers: Lilypad 0.9.9
CDVDRom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.4.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

I have so far tried:
Switching the graphics settings to Zero GS
Switching sound to PE. Op
Tried disabled the VU recompilers
Disabled the INTC Speed Hack

So far the only difference made was from disabling the VU recompilers, it was extremely slow and got nowhere for the 5 minutes I left it.

are u disabling vu0rec and vu1rec??? vu and microvu are diferent and u should not have problems in speed, another thing u should try the clamp mode in extra

o/
(10-07-2009, 08:15 PM)vsub Wrote: Try with the newest beta

Do this. R1888 will fix most, if not all, crashes in FFX.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
I had exactly the same problem. I defeated Seymour & sidekicks, cutscene started, but it hung after a few seconds. Tried with several adjustments to all kind of settings, but besides slowing things down, nothing else happened. That's when I decided to try the beta, r1888. Had some trouble finding the right dll's, but that all was solved when I downloaded the right directx. With the beta you will be able to get passed the cutscene, and the beta seems to play just like 0.9.6, except for the safestates, which wont work in the beta.

So get the beta, get latest directx (also very important, seems to solve a lot of dll problems), copy plugins from 0.9.6 and setup everything the same as you had with 0.9.6.

Link which helped me lot:
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

Have questions? You might try to pm me, but no garantue I am able to reply, althought I am surely willing to help you out to play this amazing game.
Save states do work in the Beta... for most people it works without problems (apart from when saving while there is audio being streamed).

However, save states aren't usually compatible across different versions, so before you switch to the beta, save to the memory card, switch, then load from the memory card. From then on, you should be able to save state in the beta.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-21-2009, 10:40 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Save states do work in the Beta... for most people it works without problems (apart from when saving while there is audio being streamed).

However, save states aren't usually compatible across different versions, so before you switch to the beta, save to the memory card, switch, then load from the memory card. From then on, you should be able to save state in the beta.

Yeah, I already noticed that safestates arent compatible. With the beta, I only tried twice, while being in battle, got me an error and crash, so thats why I assumed it didnt work. Wrong assumption, doesnt matter much as long as people can get past that cutscene.
hi guys. just downloaded the beta version but i got this message when im trying to open

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrent. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

i tried to reinstalling it but the effect is the same. any suggestions guys?

my problem is the same with the first seymour battle. beaten seymour but the pcsx2 crashes. thanks