FFX Freezing after Djose Temple (atikmdag driver stopped working)
Sad 
Hi,

At this one scene after completing the Djose Temple trials, the game freezes EVERYTIME. A notification popped up one time telling me that the "atikmdag driver stopped working," and I think that has something to do with the laptop overheating, but even when the temp is kept low, I can't get by the cutscene.
The game had been working incredibly for me up until this point (about 10 hours in).

Help please!

Sponsored links

Try to install the latest directx and up to date your grapich card driver.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Exclamation 
Already had Directx new version and updated my graphics card driver but still no luck.

if it helps, im running an HP Elitebook 6930P with all its factory settings. My Gcard is ATI Radeon 3450... I don't know what other specs are significant. GAH...
processor speed and ram are always good to know.
are you running from iso or from cd drive? if you are running from iso try changing it to the cd/dvd plugin and mount the iso
Exclamation 
processor speed :2401 MHZ
my installed ram is 4gb but i only have1.39 gb available. idk how this info could be helpful though. the game worked well up until now... i just need to know how to temporarily enable my laptop to get by it.
and yeah, it's an iso.
Please try different settings in advance option in pcsx2. Disable speed hacks first and cpu option to normal/limit.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
crap... i was messing around with settings and now, even when i turn them back to normal, my FPS is like cut in half! it's down to 22ish. it used to consistently be mid 30s. i had no speed hacks or noting. why did this happen... god this sucks. i tried what you wanted me to register, and nothig is working!
can anyone help?!
SOMEONE PLEASE.