FFX International FMV trouble +fps
Repost from a dead thread:

Well....my first attempt at PS2 emulation didn't go so well. Running FFX:int on PCSX2 0.9.5, game works perfectly except until I get to the opening FMV then:

[Image: ffxintgg9.th.gif]

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Happens with both gsdx9 0.11.4 and zerogs 0.97

Also, I tried running FFX with the same configurations and there wasn't a problem with its opening FMV. Maybe my image of FFX:int wasn't properly ripped?

Edit: Yep, the image was bad Tongue Everything works now
Any suggestions on fps though? The game slows down to ~40fps frequently and isn't running very smoothly. Actually, I'm rarely getting full fps and battles are especially jerky.

PC: Phenom 9550, nvidia 9300 ge (crappy card that came with pc), XP SP2

Sponsored links

I get constant 50-60 fps. Take your game disk and make an isos out of it to play it faster... I get a bug tho everything works perfect until I get the
«Auron Look bug» at the begining when everything collapses (sin FMV) my emulator just crashes sucks I cant get past that point of the game
Corsair HX 1000 watt psu,
ASUS P6X58D Premium 3X SLi/SATA3/USB3,
intel core i7 920 @ 3.0 GHz,
Noctua NH-14D cpu cooler,
12 GB Corsair 1600 DDR3 Triple Channel,
MSI GTX 580 1.5GB GDDR3,
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Champion soundcard with front panel,
1X OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD,
1X 500 GB WD 16 mb cache HD,
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Yep, I'm playing off of my mds/iso rip. Framerate I'm averaging 43, sometime dipping low to around 30 D:
I'm thinking my video card is the weakest link that's causing my problems. I've tried a few other games and slowdown happens too. Any general tips on boosting speed?

I can get past the opening FMVs though \o/

Oh yeah, I just tried running FFX:int using zerogs and I noticed my original problem still persists. So, I'm stuck with gsdx until I can figure out why the graphics problem is occurring.
(02-19-2009, 05:42 AM)yaluen Wrote: Yep, I'm playing off of my mds/iso rip. Framerate I'm averaging 43, sometime dipping low to around 30 D:
I'm thinking my video card is the weakest link that's causing my problems. I've tried a few other games and slowdown happens too. Any general tips on boosting speed?

I can get past the opening FMVs though \o/

Oh yeah, I just tried running FFX:int using zerogs and I noticed my original problem still persists. So, I'm stuck with gsdx until I can figure out why the graphics problem is occurring.

enable ffx hack in zerogs