FFX - NTSC saves to PAL saves?
Hi guys,

Is it possible to convert the 'NTSC' saves from Final Fantasy X to saves that work with the PAL version of the game?

I mean, I've been accidentally playing with the NTSC version for over 30 hours, but then I realised it uh... Was the NTSC version of the game (instead of the PAL, which I also have), and I would hate to do all that stuff again, so I was curious if there is a way to convert the saves...

Sponsored links

No way. The PAL is actually the International version with new contents. Therefore the save is not compatible between the two versions.
(03-19-2013, 07:31 PM)Livy Wrote: No way. The PAL is actually the International version with new contents. Therefore the save is not compatible between the two versions.

I know, but there was some sort of way to convert the saves to one that's compatible with the PAL/INT versions, I just forgot how to. (And I can't seem to find it on Google.)
It actually is possible;p in many games sure it wouldn't work, but in case of FFX international or not has exactly same save format and works converted, the only way that differs a bit is sphere grid and it can be messed up, not really sure how badly, I think only the advanced one differs much;p, could be fixed with FFX save game editor anyway.

To convert that save you simply has to export it from memory card with "mymc", then use "ps2 save builder" and rename the files from one version to look exactly as files from other version(it's ID as well) then import it back with mymc again to memory card.
(03-19-2013, 08:47 PM)miseru99 Wrote: It actually is possible;p in many games sure it wouldn't work, but in case of FFX international or not has exactly same save format and works converted, the only way that differs a bit is sphere grid and it can be messed up, not really sure how badly, I think only the advanced one differs much;p, could be fixed with FFX save game editor anyway.

To convert that save you simply has to export it from memory card with "mymc", then use "ps2 save builder" and rename the files from one version to look exactly as files from other version(it's ID as well) then import it back with mymc again to memory card.

Ok, thanks! But what do I have to change in the PS2 save builder? (There are some things, I guess it's the BASLUS code, but in what does it need to be?)
Nevermind, got it. Thanks!