FFX Optimization
I apologize if this has already been hashed out many times, but I was curious as to what the best settings are to use for FFX. The game seems to run fine for me, however I do have a pretty annoying problem.

I seem to get frame drops occasionally during dialogues that completely mess the audio up. Sometimes this will happen during scene changes as well.

I searched for topics dealing with this issue, but I was unable to find anything that really helped me.

I am very new to this, and have the latest emulator version.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

ISO vs DVD is a big one. If you are playing from DVD, I guarantee that's your problem. Otherwise, the rest of the information will be useful.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I was playing on DVD at first, but got the impression that that was my problem, then I made an ISO copy of the DVD and have been running from that, but it seems to make no difference to me.

I have an i7-2670QM (2.2-3.0 gHz)
GT555M 3 gb (not overclocked at this moment)
and 8 gigs of RAM.

So far the only game I have tried is FFX.

I think the emulator version is 1.0.0 r5350

Edit: Oh and I'm using Win 7 Home
I am using MTVU, and I turned off MVU for FFX.
Another thread recommended using cubic interpolation to deal with the sound issues, which I have been using as well.

I tried lowering the resolution from 3X native ----> 2X -------> Native, but this made no apparent difference.

The game is 100% playable for me, but this audio skipping can get a little annoying at times.
Try setting the audio to "Async mix" and see if that helps.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Will do, thanks.

Thanks a bunch, looks like that may have done it for me. Game is running perfectly now Smile
(01-25-2014, 02:59 AM)AbsoluteZero Wrote: I am using MTVU, and I turned off MVU for FFX.

MTVU only works on MVU (as it says in the description)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]