FFX PAL hanging issue / UI value drop
Hello, Im new to the forums and such so unsure if im allowed to post this here, but im having an issue with my game where the UI percentage drops to 0% and the game just hangs there.

It happens when i zone to a new area, currently in the crusaders tent in besaid and when i try to leave it just hangs in the black screen, music still plays, frame rate holds fine too.

I get an error of sorts on the console about 100 times in a row of the following:
(EE pc:0013CD6C) TLB Miss, addr=0x752b31a9 [load]

I have tried messing with every setting (all clamping modes, compiler modes, speed hacks, dx versions, etc) and nothing seems to work.

Included 2 snaps of the console and game window values.

Any help would be fantastic!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Have you tried disabling cheats to see if that helps?

Also, are you using savestates?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
No im not using savestates, just loading a save and trying to change area.

I havent tried disabling cheats, ill try that and get back to you.
Ok so disabling got me through the hanging issue. Had no idea they would affect the game like that. In what way would they be causing the issue? would like to keep them on Tongue
it mostly happens when you use bad codes, try posting the content of the pnach file. maybe someone will help you. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Probably there is a broken cheat inside your pnach file. Can you please attach the corresponding pnach to your next post? Then we can see if the error is obvious.
Ah i see.

Here's the pnach i use for it:

Most codes are turned off as im not sure what works.
Been using the omniconvert to make it and some off the cheats thread on this site.

Attached Files
.pnach   A39517AB.PNACH (Size: 20,51 KB / Downloads: 247)
that's a lot of codes Tongue2 , try removing the game speed multiplier code that seems a little suspicious.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah i went a bit mad and thought id try to make one that covered everything you could need Tongue
Try FFX-ED or FFX Editor instead of cheats. This game can be finicky about cheats
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit