FFX Running Slow
Hi I am trying to currently run FFX on my computer, but its pretty slow (avg. 20-40 fps). My system specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00ghz
3 GB Ram
Intel GMA 965

I understand that my graphics card is not a gaming card but I think it should handle at least 30-50 fps. Does anyone know how to if there is a certain plugin or options that i need/should use to speed up the game?

Sponsored links

Show us your settings so we can help better, for now I can tell you to make sure yoiu enable the "native" option in GSdx.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Here are the current settings I am currently using:

ZeroGS 0.97.1 - Bilenear Filtering On/FFX Hack On/1024x768/No Anti-aliasing
Speed Hacks - Use 2x Cycle Rate/INTC Sync Hack
OpHeLia, you should use GSDX plugin instead of ZeroGS, also turn on all possible speedhacks (not all will give you speedup but no harm from them in case of FFX). VU cycle stealing slider should be in middle position. Higher settings skips frames for me.
But still 2ghz its pretty low for FFX. Even if main game will works at full 60fps, there will be annoying slowdowns when magic or skills used. And also it will be really hard to just walk on bikanel island because of the sand (I'm not talking about cactuar village quest...)
The game is running pretty well now with those settings, pretty much what I wanted. Thanks.
I have a similar problem, but mine is kinda different.
That's because for around 5 months ago i had PCSX2 with FFX on it, at that time it runned 45-50,6 fps.
Now i tried PCSX2 again and now it runs like 20-36 fps.
So plz help me figure how to make it faster
Oh and i tried other games like FFX-2 that one runned like 10-19 fps i battles and 20-38 fps when not in battles
Well if it was working before for you then it must be something you did to change it, besides you didnt provide PC specs or pcsx2 settings so it's difficult to help you like that.
Oh okay here is my pc spec:
Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ ~2.3GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX: DirectX 11
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

I have tried all PCSX2 config i get with the install.
Ok hope you can help me now then.
what's your current PCSX2 settings?