FFX SLOW, WHAT CAN I DO TO RAISE IT'S FPS?
Hi, I'm playing an ISO of Final Fantasy X (NTSC) but it's running slow with my PC, what are the things can I do to make it run faster?

Here are my PC specs:

Windows 7 32-bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2CPUs) ~2.5GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 7100 / nForce 630i
1600 x 900 resolution

(I think it runs slow because I only have an integrated Geforce 7100)

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8 and these are it's settings:

•Gsdx SSSE3 r4600
-Direct3D9 Hardware
-Interlacing - None
-Native
-Logarithmic Z
-Alpha correction FBA

-----------------------------------
Please help! Thanks!

Sponsored links

Maybe trying setting the res below native.

Your GPU is clearly your bottleneck. Especially if you're using a few Speedhacks, FFX would run fine on that processor's end.
add interlacing?
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
-theres nothing we can do on that video card
-set gsdx resolution to native,eneble the [Recommended] tagged speed hacks,
-set ALL clamp mode to none,
-set power plan to High performance[Control Panel-->power settings],
-Disable Aero[Control Panel-->system-->Advanced system settings-->Performance-->Adjust for best performance]
-Try disable unnecessary disturbance like Virus Scan(Auto scan/Scheduled Scan)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(08-06-2011, 06:51 AM)Rezard Wrote: Maybe trying setting the res below native.
How to set the res below native? I can't customize the res when I choose native.

(08-06-2011, 06:54 AM)xHackell Wrote: add interlacing?
Okay, what type of Interlacing?

----------------------------------------------

Also, I have more questions:
Do choosing Direct3D9 Software rather than Hardware will make it faster?
Do prioritizing pcsx2 in the Task Manager will do so?
Do configuring the sound affects the graphics and its FPS?

Please help! Thanks!
what about the cpu? i thought the recommended was a duel core 3 ghz or higher?

i could be wrong though
Asus M4A87TD EVO / AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz / AMD Radeon HD 6870 1Gb DDR5 / 4 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram / Wireless 360 Controller / 21" LED Monitor / Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit - LEGIT!
(08-06-2011, 08:46 AM)xXapparatusXx Wrote: How to set the res below native? I can't customize the res when I choose native.

Un-check native, and change the "Or use Scaling" drop-down to "Custom". Then, enter your desired resolution into the fields.

Something less than 512x512 would be what you're aiming for. Less may produce faster results, but will look more and more "pixelated".

(08-06-2011, 08:46 AM)xXapparatusXx Wrote: Okay, what type of Interlacing?

Just go through them until you find the setting that looks best for that game. You can also cycle through them during gameplay with F5.

(08-06-2011, 08:46 AM)xXapparatusXx Wrote: Also, I have more questions:
Do choosing Direct3D9 Software rather than Hardware will make it faster?
Do prioritizing pcsx2 in the Task Manager will do so?
Do configuring the sound affects the graphics and its FPS?

Actually, using a software renderer may be fast than a hardware in your situation (typically, it would not). It will not use your GPU, and native resolution is forced. This may also be toggled during gameplay with F9. (Tip: If a game is having graphics issues, try using a software renderer)

I don't think that'll help this problem...

No, configuring sound will not help graphics or FPS. Likewise, if the FPS is lowered from full speed, the sound will follow suit.

(08-06-2011, 08:49 AM)jiBYo Wrote: what about the cpu? i thought the recommended was a duel core 3 ghz or higher?

i could be wrong though

Yes, that is about what's recommended, but that's putting it very simply. When it comes down to it, one processor can be much faster at 3.0Ghz than another.
(08-06-2011, 09:20 AM)Rezard Wrote: Un-check native, and change the.............

Wow, thanks! Do maxing Speedhack Cycles help? And what could be it's side effects?
Yes they can help a lot, but they do indeed have potential side effects (a.k.a. games can "break"). Side effects can be something minor and perhaps even unnoticed, to something as severe as a complete emulator crash. Another common occurance would be false FPS readings. The chance for these side effects will depend on what game you're playing, and which hacks you use (some games will break from a particular hack). Moving a slider too far can also cause some games to "break".

Trial and error is the way to go in most cases. Final Fantasy X, however, is very compatible, and should respond rather well to hacking.
I do not see any frame rate increase in FFX using VU and EE hack (0.9.7). I only use recommended speedhacks for that game and it boosts from 40 to 60 FPS.