FFX Sound problem with cutscenes
Well, the whole game works great (avarage 45~59 fps), but the cutscenes... Unsure

I can hear no sound, only something like a noise. I tried all the possibles configurations of the soud plugins, still nothing.

Using PCSX2 0.96 ZeroSPU2/P.E.Op.S SPU2

Am I missing something?Sad

Sponsored links

Use SPU2-X 1.10 sound plugin. This work great at my PC with no problem at all (just use the default setting).
Sometime using Graphic plugin will cause some problem which I face before .. but after several tweak it is fine to use (recommended Gdsx plugin, due to ZZogl still in early development phase.)
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
could you tell me what setting to use with SPU2-X? can't hear any sound (music/voice/effects) =/
FFX = use ZeroSPU2

spu2-x just beeps and drives me nuts
Try with DirectSound if XAudio doesn't work for you.
Well with ZeroSPU2 I can hear most of the sounds, but it is just weird, it's like i"play-the-sound-stop-return-play-the-sound", almost a DJ Remix xD
do you have the x2 or x3 EE Sync Speed Hack activated?
erm i don't think so. do i need them? how do i make it?

it's my first time playing with pcsx2, i don't know all the tricks Tongue
(05-27-2009, 08:57 PM)Saiki Wrote: FFX = use ZeroSPU2

spu2-x just beeps and drives me nuts

FFX + SPU2-X 1.10 runs fine for me. as all the other sound plugins do. even changing them during emulation works for me without any problems.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(05-27-2009, 11:18 PM)Guz Wrote: erm i don't think so. do i need them? how do i make it?

it's my first time playing with pcsx2, i don't know all the tricks Tongue

if you get full speed, then you don't need them, they increase fps but usually cause problems with games.
Specifically the x2 and the x3 EEsync hacks cause trouble with FMVs' sound.
But if you don't even know what that is, then forget about that. Just make sure to disable them and see if that fixes the problem: Config ---> Speed Hacks.
Try with the latest beta from Krakatos too.

@Saiki: Beeps in FFX, are you sure? Don't you mean the footsteps in FFXII? I tried with two versions of FFX and i don't remember none of them having ANY problem with ANY sound plugin...