FFX (U) Framerate issue
I posted a while back about having issues with RE4's framerate, to which I got the response of the game itself just being buggered at the moment. Which is fine, but I have heard that people are able to run FFX at 60 FPS at all times, and I was wondering what settings I would have to use to get these kinds of framerates? I have the most updated GSdx, I've tried using all sound plugins, and varying speedhack settings, but to no avail. Are there speedhacks that do not come with the emulator's download on the main page?

The game runs at around 40 frames per second, sometimes 60 when there's not alot going on. Battles always run at 40, and music tends to slow down with the game's framerate (if it didn't, I probably wouldn't care much). We will assume my speedhack settings are default, except for that "escape hack" that allows you to exit the emulator when you press escape. I've tried using "logarithmic z", but again, to no avail.

Halp?
Woops, forgot to post my system specs.

Runnin' on Vista
64x AMD athlon 3.2 GHZ (per side) dual core processor
2G of RAM
512 VRAM (Nvidia 9600GT)

Hope someone's got something D:

Sponsored links

Oh, and another thing, I can't seem to make an ISO with either magicISO or Daemontools. Daemontools fails, and closes, and magicISO crashes my computer when it fails to make an ISO :/

I don't mind running off the disc, I'm just putting it out there that I can't make an ISO version of the disc to see if it'll go quicker D:
making an iso is mandatory to achieve constant good speed.

Give imgburn a try, then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Attempting a burn with imgburn.
it's rather odd if something as simple as ripping a disc to an iso is failing in two different applications. perhaps you got some unwanted guests on your system? you might also try alcohol 120% or this neat little tool: LC ISO Creator (24kB). also, post your settings of pcsx2 and plugins.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-01-2009, 04:08 PM)zero29 Wrote: it's rather odd if something as simple as ripping a disc to an iso is failing in two different applications. perhaps you got some unwanted guests on your system? you might also try alcohol 120% or this neat little tool: LC ISO Creator (24kB). also, post your settings of pcsx2 and plugins.

Alright, succsessfully created an ISO with imgburn. Alas, after selecting linuz ISO for my Cdvdrom, it still runs at 40 frames. It could be my disc, as it was a release disc and is very worn. So I shall post my plugins and settings as requested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tried 1.5x cycle rate speedhack, did nothing. Is it worth mentioning that I shoot down to 20 FPS during the demi spell that Sinspawn Ammes (first sinspawn in zanarkand) uses?

Audio skips as well. I've heard that running zeroSPU2 can help. I just ran that, and it runs slightly better. Alas, the audio tends to loop for a second or two occasionally. That was with default settings, with time scaling and Real Time Mode on, it runs at around 50 frames per second at all times. Any way to bump it up to 60?

Edit; It also tends to lose frames when it's rendering a large scene, like, when tidus is in the ruins after he leaves zanarkand, and it does a zoomed-out shot of the building you get stuck in after the encouter with another sinspawn.
well, crazy mary, you should first update pcsx2 and all plugins to their latest betas, not only gsdx. also, for FFX set the gsdx aspect ratio to 4:3, as 16:9 will stretch the image. then try again, and have a look at the cpu usage in the titel bar of pcsx2. the condition of your disc has no effect on the performance when you run it as an iso file from hdd. and unless imgburn reported many read errors or was very slow during the ripping process your disc should be fine.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
It looks like you are not using the most recent beta of pcsx2... I found an increase in fps for FFX when I switched to using that.

I can get 40+ fps most of the time, sometimes up to 60 or 70 in this game, using ZeroGS (less with the latest GSdx). It does sometimes dip right down to ~20 fps but only momentarily if there's a lot going on. I'm playing without any sound at all as I've played the game so many times before I don't really miss it. I am also using some of the speed hack options of the pcsx2 beta, not sure if they will cause problems later on though.

There are lots of options in the ZeroGS which can help things speeed up a bit. Don't forget the FFX-specific option to fix the geometry if you do try ZeroGS.
I am using ZeroGS as per v0lD's request, and battles run at 60 FPS. Audio is buggered, but I don't mind. It rarely dips below 50 now.

And I'll look for updates for my plugins just for the sake of it anyway. Thanks a bunch guys Smile