FFX (again)
Hello,

I've been trying to get FFX (pal english version) to run on my pc using pcsx2 0.9.6. I'm trying to use the GSDX 890 0.1.14 SSSE3 Plug-in (for the internal resolution feature, zerogs on a 19" is not easy on the eyes), but I get some bug I haven't seen described here. (prolly somebody reported it already, but after 2 hours+ of searching I've found nothing). In the very beginning cinematic (open fire scene) some textures are missing that do show up using the zerogs plug-in. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of or find online, but nothing seems to help. I'm not really encountering any speed problems as of yet, pretty much stable at 50 fps.

Screenie:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8003/ffxopening.jpg

I am using the following config:
Intel core 2 quad q6600 @2.4
Nvidia geforce 8600gt 256mb, forceware 181.0
3 gig ddr2
Vista 32

Pcsx2:
-GSDX 890 0.1.14 SSSE3 (various settings, dx9 and 10; only the nloop fix or software renders seem to make any diffrence with ffx, all other setting combos pretty much work at full speed, no diffrence with sse2 version)
-Sound plug in: all seem to work, no noticable diffrence
-dvd plug in: idem
-no Speed hacks used (make nearly no diffrence)
-CPU: defaults (all boxes checked runs best)

Any help would be greatly appreceated.
Thanks in advance,
Mfara

Sponsored links

Get the latest gsdx plug in , update your forceware

using the latest gsdx SSE2 dx10 with a 1440x900 res , spu-x , linuz plug in , no speed hacks , fps limited to 60 i dont get those problems using a gtx260 at least
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
don't get them on an 8400 either
FFx works for me. My config is this:
GSdx 0.1.9 SSE2 - windowed, Direct3D9 hardware render, texture filtering on

I don't believe sound, pads and cd-dvd plugins make any difference.

Cpu - everything checked, frame limit on normal.

I never experienced any problems in game and i have 60+ hours of playing.
Updating my forceware driver fixed the problem, it now works like a charm (and looks ill for a 2001 game, looking forward to nr XIII). My old forceware apparently was an omega driver, prolly had some built-in tweaks that caused the problem.

Thanks for the advice,
Mfara