FFX and FFX-2 major issues (major for me at least)
ok heres my problems

FFX - i get poor graphic speeds especially when i run around the opening Zanarkand part it almost looks like Tidus is running in a slow-mo matrix like bullet time.... and also i get skippy even echoy sound and or crackling sound during FMVs and in regular game play....

FFX-2 - i cant even get past the opening FMV due to video lagg and sound issues....

ok so i have build 0.9.6, i have almost all plugins from the normal installer, the only newer 1 being Gdsx 1736 ( i read in another post it should be used over the default for better compatibility), for the best compatibility im able to get, i use the following settings:

Graphics - ZeroGS 0.97.1 with the following enabled Interlace Enable, Bilinear Enable, AA 2x, Default window size 800x600, the FFX hack under advanced options, also i use the Stop all resolving of targets (try this first for realy slow games) - it somewhat had an improvement in the FFX battle aginst the sinspawn in the Zanarkand map... ( also ive tried to use the Gdsx 1736 Graphics Plugin to no avil with either default setting or going though and fine tuning the options)

Sound - P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0 with the following enabled
volume - medium 2
no reverb
Gaussian interpolation (good quality)
Misc options - none (i have tried threaded mode but to no avil)... also ive tried the other sound plugins but i get even worse out of them so yeah

Controller - LilyPad 0.9.9 dont know why im listing this it shouldnt have any effect on the game play but its configured to use an Xbox360 controller

Drive/Rom - Gigaherz CDVD 0.7... again it has nothing to do with the problem just listing for relativity issues i guess...

Bios - USA v.01.60 (07/02/2002) Console

ok my computer specs are:
PSU - Antec Earthwatts 430
Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 3650 AGP Bus
Motherboard - Jetway PT88BS
CPU - Pentium 4 550 (codenameTonguerescot) w/HT @ 3566 MHz (210x17)
Memory - Kingston K 512x2=1Gb single channel @420 MHz running 3.0-3-3-8 timing

note - CPU supports x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, Video Card supports DX 10 and PixelShader 4.1 (however i use XP SP3 so im limited to DX 9.0c and shader 3.0) also both the CPU and the Video Card are overclocked by 10% through the motherboard bios

so basically i want to know how i should set up my plugins to get the best out off both these games as they are 2 of my 3 all time favorite games and pretty much the only reason i got the emulator... thanx for any help in advance
Hissash

Sponsored links

your'e pc specs are a little low for playing these games...try using latest GSDX and pcsx2 beta
and try over clocking your cpu(i am trying right now)
also i forgot to add the SLUS info for the games for FFX i have NTSC | U/C SLUS 2012GH - (the emulator reads it as the U version of the game) - i own that physical disk

SLUS for FFX-2 is SLUS 206.72;1; CRC:48FE0C71 as reported in the emulator DVD info - ( i dont have this DVD anymore so this is a download, it is the Final Fantasy X-2 SLUS 20672 - found in the compatibility list
well the overclocking cant very much better i did it in the motherboard bios and if i go over what i have it at now i get random lockups and complete system hangs.... however if you could tell me some other means of overclocking it id appreciate it
(09-11-2009, 11:18 PM)Eurlan Wrote: your'e pc specs are a little low for playing these games...try using latest GSDX and pcsx2 beta

ive got th lastest version of GSDX i get nowhere with it in game
its not a little low, the only half decent component is the graphic card ( but it won't be used in new system because its agp and its a dead tecnology).
Try using Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0, don't mount the iso, just select the iso when you use run->execute.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(09-11-2009, 11:33 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: its not a little low, the only half decent component is the graphic card ( but it won't be used in new system because its agp and its a dead tecnology).

its not that bad i can beat out both of my friend newer comps 1 is an XPS 1 gb ram and 1 esomething thats maxed at 2.50 per core with a 9800GXT and my other friend has a amd x2 @2.50GHz and a nvidia 9500Gtand i can out preform both their systmes so im not that bad of a comp at least not in my mind also a little side note here my cpu is clocked @ 5.60GHz by can u run it, aslo i can run fallout on high graphics so i am decent

also i switched to the Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 and i am in the battle with the truck u have to explode and my framerate is crawing along at 19.9 - 20.2 so its actually adowngrade from what i was at i was getting between 29.3 - 30.2
ok so ive somewhat fixed the problem by playing with the speed hack i can get around 39- 45 fps with them so yeah i guess this thread can b closed