FFX bug
theres a rly rly laggy bug with FFX or atleast is for me... it doesnt like some of the textures at your first fight with seymour and u have to use ZeroGS to get past it eventhough it makes it impossible to see or atleast it does for me is there any fix for this?

Sponsored links

Try using the latest public beta (r1888).

Laggyness could just be because you have inadequate hardware. What are your specs?
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-05-2009, 10:13 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Try using the latest public beta (r1888).

Laggyness could just be because you have inadequate hardware. What are your specs?

well its not laggy on anything else? and its only there and one other place so far that the graphics has gone weird
I only experienced lag once during the game, when I reached the Mihen high-road and it rendered the entire road stretching out into the distance. This slow-down went away when I turned off "allow 8-bit textures".
MircoVU and such will make it easier, but skills such as demi will lag any pc
Quote:but skills such as demi will lag any pc
Nope, high end graphics cards such as a 260 can emulate those effects well over full speed easily.
smelly22 yes, certain effects strain the GPU way more than the rest and this is one of them
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-06-2009, 08:53 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:but skills such as demi will lag any pc
Nope, high end graphics cards such as a 260 can emulate those effects well over full speed easily.
smelly22 yes, certain effects strain the GPU way more than the rest and this is one of them
you're talking the near-top of the line right now though, yea, THAT can handle it, but I don't think a 9800 can (or really anywhere between that and 8600)
(10-06-2009, 09:55 AM)Saiki Wrote: you're talking the near-top of the line right now though, yea, THAT can handle it, but I don't think a 9800 can (or really anywhere between that and 8600)

GTX260 is more mainstream now; it costs less than the 8800GT when it became widespread (AU$200 here, not sure about US).

And I just tested Demi on my setup (E8300 + 8800GT) and frame rate only drops from 90 FPS to 80 FPS. This is at 1680x1050 internal resolution.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
on my 8600 it drops to anywhere between 5 and 15 fps nd I hear of alot of things dropping framerate. so just posting what I heard
So I guess it just happens in the lower end crappy graphics card. I mean by now a 8800GT is less than 100 euro and a 9800 GTX is only 100 euro so it's a non-issue these days prolly.
[Image: newsig.jpg]