FFX crash
hey all,

I have a reached a point in the game were i always face crashes.

I get an error message when i use the graphic pugin zero: out of bounds.

so does anybody know a fix.

for the plugin am using the latest one( beta just got it from the site) and am using psx2 version 0.9.6.

I greatly appreciae ur help, thanks

Sponsored links

For starters try using the latest beta as FFX has known crash issues with the 0.9.6 release, other than that try different plugins like GSdx and SPU2-X.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I am having somewhat of the same problem, you see, it's during a cutscene - rather far into the game. It has worked fine before, I'm that dude who couldn't get past the first sending cutscene... turns out I just needed to use the new beta and it worked, then I went back to using 0.9.6... now another problem worries me.

I'm at Home, nearly out of there too, the cutscene with rikku and the sad music. This is when it decides it's going to stop working. Just a stupid windows error, pcsx2 has stopped working... we are currently not looking for a solution.

I currently crashes after she says "Yunie will die, you know..." just as the camera is fading out to a different screen.

There were other problems, where the game would crash every 10 minutes, you could set a clock by it... but I fixed that, it was a bad sound plugin causing it to blow up.
I fixed it, just had to use the beta, as with before, now I feel incomprehensibly stupid...
Dare I ask why you would go back to 0.9.6 if it is giving you problems? The beta gives you better performance anyway.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
lol i thought that 0.9.6 was the latest beta. thnx anyways i fixewd on my own without beta lol.
(12-20-2009, 09:41 AM)FormerMaster Wrote: lol i thought that 0.9.6 was the latest beta. thnx anyways i fixewd on my own without beta lol.

what did you do?

out of curiosity
(01-16-2010, 08:43 PM)Savanni Wrote:
(12-20-2009, 09:41 AM)FormerMaster Wrote: lol i thought that 0.9.6 was the latest beta. thnx anyways i fixewd on my own without beta lol.

what did you do?

out of curiosity

sorry for late reply lol, anyways heres wat i did:

i noticed after reading the error log that the problem is with the graphic rendering values(or at least with something to do with graphics) so wat i did is i went to config and chose direct X 10 Null. After this I loaded my save data and walked thru till the cutscene came (yup, its crazy i had to memorize how many steps to go in each direction XD) then i was able to go thru the cutscene successfully. After I saved my game with an F button(i dont remember which one) and reloaded the game normally.

And btw this wont work if u use null alone or direct x9 null as (if i remember right) each Direct X gives u a different error from the other, so this works only on direct X10. I know its a ridiculous way but it can come in handy when a game keeps crashing and theres no current solution for it.