FFX crashes
Hi,

I've been experiencing crashes with Final Fantasy X. It first started where you meet yuna for the first time. But all I had to do was switch graphics (zero gs > GSdx) and the problem was solved. But this time, I can't get past this one place. I've tried different graphics, but it just won't do the trick anymore.

I'm stuck near the time where Tidus learns the truth about summoners and Yuna. You get that speech from Rikku, and then the game just starts to distort, graphics get messed up, and it crashes.

I've also tried Run > Execute, File > Run CD/DVD, different graphics, different cd/dvd plugins, different settings (from low till high), running the game from dvd and from a image, but I just can't get past that point and it starting to piss me off Tongue2

The game runs perfectly fine, except for some of those parts when the crashes occur. So I doubt it's my system specs.

Specs: Q6600 2.4ghz, 2gb ddr2, GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+, moboTongue35-DS3R, Win XP sp3

Settings:

[Image: settings.th.jpg]

The problem:

[Image: weirdyy.th.jpg]

[Image: weird2l.th.jpg]
This is taken when the emulator is about to crash.

I hope someone could help me out so I can continue with my game Laugh

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Use the latest beta 1888 and the GSdx plugin that comes with it. It should pass that point with no problems
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Try using the latest beta, it solves most ffx problems.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Alright will do.

Thanks for the fast reply.

[edit2]

I found a savestate near the place where it crashes, but I can't use it with the new beta version. Is there someway around it? I don't want to start over again.

It says: Loading state from: sstates\BB3D833A.000
Savestate load aborted: Unknown or invalid savestate indentifier, either from a <very!> old version of Pcsx2, or the file is corrupted.

The is not corrupted that's for sure. It works on emulator 0.9.6 (which is the one I used to save this state with)
Save to your memcard using the save sphere while still on the old version, then load from memcard using the new version, then save a new state. From then on, you should be able to continue using save states.

Memcards are completely compatible with newer versions, but save states are not.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
i just got mine to work tonight here is my config if it helps minw was crashing at the summoner sanctum as well
i do not know if all this was needed but i kept changing stuff and then it finally got thru it without any glitches

patches enabled

[Image: pcsx2ffx.jpg]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9500
Geforce 275 gtx
4gb ddr2 800mhz
(12-03-2009, 07:49 AM)simba414 Wrote: i just got mine to work tonight here is my config if it helps minw was crashing at the summoner sanctum as well
i do not know if all this was needed but i kept changing stuff and then it finally got thru it without any glitches

patches enabled

[Image: pcsx2ffx.jpg]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9500
Geforce 275 gtx
4gb ddr2 800mhz

Don't use dx11 mode, use dx10, and in advanced options changing the EE recs clamp mode and Vu recs clamp mode to extra+preserve may solve the crashing problems.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
No.
Please stop posting configurations or speedhack or roundmode suggestions.
The issue is a known problem with timing, that got fixed not too long after the 0.96 release.

The fix is saving to memory card on 0.96, upgrading to the latest pcsx2 beta, loading the game in that, and continuing from there.