Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFX crashes after Bevelle
Question 
Hello!
I use the "PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600)" version and the FFX game always freezes after the wedding scene and when Auron and Co. are on their way to Bevelle. I can still hear the water and the music, but the game is frozen.

I read on this board that I should use the r1888 version, but that version doesn't work at all. I have problems with bios or with CDVD or plugins and yeah...

Is there any way I can try to fix that error? I'm a noob, so I have no idea. Maybe a patch or another version than r1888?

I'm sorry that my English is bad, I hope you can still understand my problem and maybe help me... Please. Sad

Sponsored links

Quote:I use the "PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600)
Erase this old and unsupported version, and download a fresh new install from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windo...aller.html
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
I tried it just now and it still freezes at the same place Sad
Here's a screenshot of it: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130507/x9mhfqxr.png

Maybe my settings are wrong or something? I don't know which are the important ones, but I could make screenshots of them, too, if that maybe helps finding a solution
can you please post your emulog.txt after the crash ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Are you using Save states? Are you using cheats? Have you tried re-ripping your game (only takes a few minutes)?
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
Intel Core i5-4690K - OC'ed to 4.5GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Hydro H105
Indigo Xtreme 115X-XS Metallic TIM
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
PCSX2 1.4.0 unless otherwise specified
(05-07-2013, 07:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please post your emulog.txt after the crash ?

I attached the log because it was too long otherwise.

I just saw that it's still using the plugins of the old version, maybe that's wrong? I also used a savestate, but I never had problems with these before, so... But idk, I'm really clueless D:

(05-07-2013, 07:49 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: Are you using Save states? Are you using cheats? Have you tried re-ripping your game (only takes a few minutes)?
I wasn't when it first freezed, but now I'm using one because otherwise I have to play the fight with Evrae over and over again :/ Cheats? Idk, there was a "DE37E046.pnach" file in the cheats folder but I didn't put it there. Maybe I should delete that?
Re-ripping? Haven't thought about that, maybe I should try it.
It's not loading the cheats so thats fine. You may have to do the fight again, but old savestates will not work with the new version.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Do not use save state.play it from u'r last save in internal memory card.
See if it again happen,because it's possible that u'r save state got corrupted & strongly recomended install pcsx2 anywhere else than c: program files.to any other drive or c: pcsx2 !!
With FFX, setting clamps to full/extra and avoiding use of pnach cheats is very important. This is a very buggy game for some reason.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti