FFX disk works, but ISO won't
Sounds like the disk is rekt TBH. Try as willkuer suggest and use a lower read speed in imgburn.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Fellas I got it working! 

I tried installing 1.3.1 but it gave me some error about something not being installed properly so i left it for a bit later. Thanks for the suggestion anyways. 

I did two things differently this time
After reinstalling 1.2.1 a couple of times for no good reason, I followed the advice in this thread (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-error-5-a...ied--52178) are created a file called portable.ini inside the folder with the exe. I then set it up, configured according to the guide, and ran as administrator.

Secondly, I used a different option when creating the iso. Here's the Imgburn thing I used.

[Image: ZYxAGuE.png]

Some youtube video instructed me to use the red option to make the iso, but the isos didn't run FFX or Ratchet Gladiator. I tried with the green option, and although it came up with the usual 'error 5 access denied' messages, both games worked (some audio issues with Ratchet but I'll work on that later)! I'm pretty much a tech-retard and since I don't know what portable.ini does, I'm just gonna assume it worked because the green option copies EVERYTHING on the disk as opposed to just files and folders.

Here's the funny thing though. For some reason, both the red and green options work for Spiderman 2. No idea why.

I just wanted to say thanks for the help.

(01-05-2016, 09:57 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Sounds like the disk is rekt TBH. Try as willkuer suggest and use a lower read speed in imgburn.

I didn't change anything to do with speed and it worked fine. Kept it at x8. Thanks anyway.
Green is correct. You need to make an exact copy of the dvd instead of copying just its content (which would be red).
It's interesting that spiderman works with red but green is the correct way to go for the future.
NEVER use youtube tutorials unless they are from official sources that is one way to screw things up and yes green is the ONLY correct way to created isos from PS2 discs. Red just copies the files and folers that can be seen and not everything that is different with a PS2 disc. While Green creates an exact 1:1 copy of the disc itself. Including any hidden details
(01-05-2016, 05:32 PM)Topken Wrote: NEVER use youtube tutorials unless they are from official sources that is one way to screw things up and yes green is the ONLY correct way to created isos from PS2 discs. Red just copies the files and folers that can be seen and not everything that is different with a PS2 disc. While Green creates an exact 1:1 copy of the disc itself. Including any hidden details

I assumed it was reliable because he had a big like/dislike ratio.