FFX graphics problem. Do I need to change configs.
So I've got the emulator installed and playing. I'm using all the default plugins except lilypad, the one for SSE4.1 and the one for direct3D 10.

I'm playing FFX, and the backgrounds (in gameplay and cutscenes) are missing huge triangular chunks. The characters are fine. Did I configure something incorrectly or is this an issue with my BIOS or disc? Or is it a known issue?

I haven't encountered any other problems, and the game is running near enough to full speed as to make no difference. (90-98%)

EDIT: Just to let you know, it's the PAL version.

Sponsored links

Just checked through the other graphics plugins. They were all worse. ZeroGS in particular made the game look like FF8. With Huge Black Triangles still missing from the background.
enable nloophack in gsdx
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
nloophack is enabled.
post screenshots, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Screenshots of in game and menus attached.

I tried to upload a screenshot of one of movie clips aswell but my internet is screwing up.

Check that nloop hack is enabled in black color instead of gray. Also, have you tried in DX9?
The most interesting question is: this is 0.9.6 official or latest beta? The second question is: maybe videocard is low-end and simple could not proprely render scenes? If you provide ZeroGS or ZZogl picture (with console output) I could tell more.
Regardless of version, I think it should work fine Oo There were a couple of threads with the same bug some days ago, don't know if it was solved though.
I fixed the problem.

Just a few details:

1. I was running the game with Run > Execute. After searching this forum, I found the File > Play DVD option seems to solve this problem (end of a 4 page thread on the same issue). Which runs without the huge black triangles. I changed no other settings. Maybe excecute is ignoring the status of nloophack? There are still some minor graphical issues of a triangular nature, but not enough to render it unplayable.
2. However what does render the game unplayable is the speed issues. Remember I said I was getting 90-98% speed while the issues were there. Well now I get average of 70% in movie clips and 60% in gameplay. And it did drop to 15% on one occasion. If I go back to Run > Execute, I get the 90%+ and Huge Black Triangles again. Is nloophack so intensive?
3. My system has 4GB Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (2.4 Ghz, 6MB L2 cache), ATI Radeon HD 3650. Since the RAM is being relatively unused, and the total processor usage for the whole system is at 30% while this is running, I'm guessing the graphics card is to blame. Is there any way to shift some of the load to the CPU?
4. And Zeydlitz, it was the official 0.9.6