FFX ipu error during fmv
Hello,
I just upgraded my PC and decided to try and emulate Final Fantasy X on it. I downloaded the PCSX2 ver 0.9.8.
It worked out great until just today. I got to the part where they all enter the Farplane and there's an fmv playing. The game freezes and the console says "IPU1 Normal error!".
I tried switching the video plugins and all the speed hacks and game fixes, and I saw somewhere that I should play around with the VUs settings however I keep getting the same freeze and error.

My pc specs:
i3 dual core cpu
Radeon 5570HD
2 gb ram

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Dunno the case, I never had problem with FFX as of yet, if you use your game disk to play, you could try ripping it with imgburn and try playing from ISO, but generally you can just simply skip that FMV by turning "skip Mpeg hack" in manual gamehacks on for a bit. Turn it off again after.
(07-06-2011, 05:27 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Dunno the case, I never had problem with FFX as of yet, if you use your game disk to play, you could try ripping it with imgburn and try playing from ISO, but generally you can just simply skip that FMV by turning "skip Mpeg hack" in manual gamehacks on for a bit. Turn it off again after.

I'll try what you said with the disk, but for some reason the "skip MPEG hack" doesn't skip that particular video. Is there a way to manually update that hack or something?

EDIT: Alright, looks like it was a problem with the ISO I was using. Thanks.