FFX on my retina MBP
thank all for help

Sponsored links

Protip: mac's blow hard for gaming period, get a normal windows desktop and you'll have no problems, just avoid ati radeon cards, they tend to have more problems then they are worth, look at the snv builds for a prime example: "GSDx: ATI strikes again. Workaround for ATI sampler bug, the same bug I found in palette sampling earlier. This may make gsdx slightly slower for everyone (I don't know an easy way to restrict this to affected systems), especially if using 8-bit textures." I used to be pro-ati years back, before I kept needing special patches and fixes to get games to run on them, not to mention some features like fxaa and such won't work in alot of games on a ati card, but it works fine with any geforce.

This is why you see most games say "Best played on nvidia" cuz their hardware and software is superior and as the saying goes you get what ya pay for.. cept with mac's Mac pc's are way over priced for the hardware you get, you could build a desktop with more than likely far superior hardware for what you paid for that mac you have.

Now I'm sorry to say but your videocard is kinda low-end, and thats probally your problem, I had a 260 gts and pcsx2 ran horribly on it, the card just ain't strong enough. Its mostly due to the fact its emulated, emulating something uses alot more processing power than the natural system it is meant to run on.

I myself have an i5-2310 2.9 ghz, 8gb ram and a geforce 560 gtx 1gb, and I can run most games in 3-4x native res, with 120 fps in turbo mode or a steady 60 fps otherwise. I play most turn-based rpgs in turbo because it just speeds everything up, especally games like ar tonelico where the combat is slow as *****. However games like zone of the enders I cannot seem to get to work well, the graphics plugin does not seem to like those glowing lines on the mech's each time one of them lights up my fps takes a nosedive.
theres no such thing as a 260 gts