FFX running slow on my Intel Core 2 Duo
I got FFX the other day and now up to the Baaj Temple, but problem is, I've customized the settings, but during the game, it runs at around 25-50 fps! And when a battle commences it goes VERY slow (25-35 fps).

I'm running Intel Core 2 Duo with ATI Graphics and have the latest version of PCSX2 (No Betas). Also, when I enter the Menu or a FMV plays, the game goes 60-90 fps! Does anyone know the best settings for this game so that it runs around 55-60 fps ALL the time or does it gradually get better as the game progresses?

Sponsored links

Well, there are very slow and very fast Intel C2D's. What's the frequency of yours? And there are MANY ATI cards... (Like Rage Pro). Which do you have? These are the most important things to note down when requesting this kind of asistance.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

(04-24-2010, 03:37 PM)mantasuk Wrote: Well, there are very slow and very fast Intel C2D's. What's the frequency of yours? And there are MANY ATI cards... (Like Rage Pro). Which do you have? These are the most important things to note down when requesting this kind of asistance.

Well here's some other info about my CPU and that:

NiwradSoft
Intel[R] Core[TM]2 CPU
6400 @ 2.13GHz
2.13 GHz, 2.00GB of RAM

Where could I check what my ATI Graphics are?
System device manager, driver properties, or even display properties (at least when you click advanced) show what the graphics processor is.

As for your CPU, this is the main cause of your problems. It would need to be in the region of 4Ghz (or at least 3.5) to run at full speed. Good graphics card could also help, so without knowing which, it is hard to comment on the GPU part. But the CPU is definetly too slow.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X

Radeon X1600? I think that's it.
I'm not familiar with this card (i know it exists but thats about it). You may hav to upgrade the graphics card as well, but first you should try to overclock (or upgrade) the CPU. 2.1 Ghz is surely not enough to pull through the FFX at full speed. You should see a more dramatic increase in FPS if you overclock. You could also get an old nvidia or ati (past year models, or even older if you have the capability). By the way, get the lastest plugin kit, it should improve the graphics performance even on your old card. You can also try the lates 1888 beta. A few FPS could be gained there.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X

(04-24-2010, 04:09 PM)mantasuk Wrote: I'm not familiar with this card (i know it exists but thats about it). You may hav to upgrade the graphics card as well, but first you should try to overclock (or upgrade) the CPU. 2.1 Ghz is surely not enough to pull through the FFX at full speed. You should see a more dramatic increase in FPS if you overclock. You could also get an old nvidia or ati (past year models, or even older if you have the capability). By the way, get the lastest plugin kit, it should improve the graphics performance even on your old card. You can also try the lates 1888 beta. A few FPS could be gained there.

Ok, and how would I "overclock"?
Read up on it using google. Search for "Overclocking IntelCore 2 Duo", go through the results, carefuly read them, analyse them, and you will know what to do. Overclocking is the process which allows the CPU to run at faster than specified speed, and is used to gain more value or to bring an old cpu "up to the task". Not all motherboards would support it. Do not even think about it if you are running on a laptop. Do it gradualy. Take care, and don't blame me if you fry any or all of your PC components Smile
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X

Well,you don't have to overcloack it really I have pentium dual on 1.6 Ghz and radeon x1550 and game is usualy at 97 %. Smile But you NEED to download Pcsx2 0.9.6. beta 1888.And also march plugin 2010.And it's not just faster but alot faster.Also you can check some of the speedhacks.Do you need help finding these?
(04-24-2010, 04:19 PM)Game Wrote: Well,you don't have to overcloack it really I have pentium dual on 1.6 Ghz and radeon x1550 and game is usualy at 97 %. Smile But you NEED to download Pcsx2 0.9.6. beta 1888.And also march plugin 2010.And it's not just faster but alot faster.Also you can check some of the speedhacks.Do you need help finding these?

OK, could you tell me the settings you have for this game as well, it's still running at 30fps with Beta and plugins, but I don't know what settings to put in and what not.