FFX semi crash
I have a problem right after the first sending... Titus says the line "I never wanted to see that again" And then the sleeping music starts playing, and after that the game wont load the next frame, so I am stuck with a black screen, and nothing but the sound of waves and seagulls...

I have tried all graphics inputs and tried, as suggested to turn off Speed hacks, etc. But it always freezes at the same point...

I once read that another problem can be helped with downloading an older version pcsx.. but is there no way to force the game to skip some frames forward..?

really appreciate some help. I dont need to write down my specs, since it shouldnt be an issue here, but I can say that I am running the latest Gfx plugins AND the latest beta of pcsx2

regards

Sponsored links

Try running it with the stable PCSX2 0.9.6 version or an older beta. Also try changing the clamp modes in the "config > Advanced" options both set to normal or extra.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I did try that, but it all failed... Since I switched from the beta, to 0.96 I couldnt use my save states, so I had to do a normal save, and with the clamp mode turned on, I couldnt get passed the fmv even..!
sorry... I played around with it, and finally it did work.. Laugh

thank you so much for the help
no prob Tongue

What exactly worked?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yea, please share, I'm stuck at the same point
as the lady said: go to advanced and check both the clamp modes for "extra" and it should work like a charm.

i had the same problem and fixed it with that.

oh and try to use the ingame save options (save on the memory cards).
i did that before ive upgraded to the newest beta and my save games are still there.
Processor: Intel Core 2Duo Cpu E8400@3ghz 3ghz
Memory: 4gb
Graphics: HD4870 512mb
(07-05-2009, 07:36 PM)thebaseman Wrote: I have a problem right after the first sending... Titus says the line "I never wanted to see that again" And then the sleeping music starts playing, and after that the game wont load the next frame, so I am stuck with a black screen, and nothing but the sound of waves and seagulls...

I have tried all graphics inputs and tried, as suggested to turn off Speed hacks, etc. But it always freezes at the same point...

I once read that another problem can be helped with downloading an older version pcsx.. but is there no way to force the game to skip some frames forward..?

really appreciate some help. I dont need to write down my specs, since it shouldnt be an issue here, but I can say that I am running the latest Gfx plugins AND the latest beta of pcsx2

regards

The same problem even occured to me. What I did was change the graphics plugin to GSdx 1426 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15 . Then from advanced settings choose DirectX 10.
It fixed it, but the two clamps on extra brought my FPS down to around 35. I ussually keep them at none for a solid 50, hopefully there really won't be a next time...a next time I have to change it anyway Tongue
(07-06-2009, 11:52 AM)Stryfer Wrote: It fixed it, but the two clamps on extra brought my FPS down to around 35. I ussually keep them at none for a solid 50, hopefully there really won't be a next time...a next time I have to change it anyway Tongue

What clamps are you talking about?
And can you please post your PC settings