FFX - slow framerate ;__;
Hi there,

I'm new here, and having some problems with FFX.
As soon as I start the game the framerate drops, the very first intro sequence won't ever go past 30 fps and I don't understand why.
A friend of mine gave me his original game, but since it's a bit scratched I tried to make an ISO out of it, but with no luck, it's still very slow.
My PC specs are:

Windows XP
Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 1,86 Ghz
2048MB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 9500 Gt
DirectX 9.0c

and I'm running the PCSX2 0.9.8 with GSdx 4600 for the graphic and SPU2-X r4600m for the audio.
I tried disabling the Framelimiter but it didn't help, I tried enabling the Speedhacks but it goes at like 100 fps.
Can anyone help me running the game at the normal 50 fps? .__.
Thanks!

Sponsored links

you can activate framelimiter (F4 key)
BTW, I hope you won't have any problem with your ISO if the disc was scratched.
Better test if the disc boots on your own PS2 before trying to complete the game under pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Reset the emulator to defaults and just enable the recommended speed hacks.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-14-2012, 08:47 PM)Lucathegreat Wrote: I tried disabling the Framelimiter but it didn't help, I tried enabling the Speedhacks but it goes at like 100 fps.
Can anyone help me running the game at the normal 50 fps? .__.

I bet you've facepalmed yourself by now, right? ;P
(05-15-2012, 02:16 AM)Rezard Wrote: I bet you've facepalmed yourself by now, right? ;P

Don't worry if you haven't, I facepalmed for you Tongue

Also, you may consider a small hardware upgrade, because I guess FFX runs with those specs, but I doubt much else will. Shamelessly plugging my thread here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Upgrading...-and-cheap
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 960T Black Edition @ 4.00 Ghz
RAM: 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (2GB)

I also have a lot of fun LEDs in my case, which help me look like a pro l33t gamer, and also function as nightlights because I'm mortally afraid of the dark.
Don't worry Luca, everyone make mistakes..

A story for you, I remembered when I'm too suck for PCSX2, I selected GSnull as GS plugin