FFX starting movie looks choppy despite 50fps
Hello!
First time user of pcsx2, I'm currently trying to play ffx on a not too bad pc (e8400, 8800gt, 3gb ram). It seems to work fine but the starting movie loks a bit choppy to me (around the campfire, the image seems to tremble a bit when the characters move, like when the movie zooms on a face).
I thought it could come from a drop in fps, but I can see 50fps (pal version) at the top of the window, with no drop during the scene.
It seems there is a setting which could cause this (cycle rate?) but I let this one as default (1x).
Any idea?

Thanks Ninja

Sponsored links

No, it's because FMV's have speed issues. The cutscenes are slow on my PC, too.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
strange, i didint had any anomalies like that in FMV's in final fantasy 10, everything was smooth. I think Vu Cycle Stealing in speedhack menu may cause something like that when its set too high.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(08-14-2009, 12:03 PM)xor111 Wrote: Hello!
First time user of pcsx2, I'm currently trying to play ffx on a not too bad pc (e8400, 8800gt, 3gb ram). It seems to work fine but the starting movie loks a bit choppy to me (around the campfire, the image seems to tremble a bit when the characters move, like when the movie zooms on a face).
I thought it could come from a drop in fps, but I can see 50fps (pal version) at the top of the window, with no drop during the scene.
It seems there is a setting which could cause this (cycle rate?) but I let this one as default (1x).
Any idea?

Thanks Ninja

make sure vu skip or frameskip arent enabled
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Any idea?

Thanks Ninja

It's interlacing. Press F5 until it goes away
[Image: newsig.jpg]
did VU skip still exist in the official 9.6 release?
evil!!!!
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(08-15-2009, 11:10 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Any idea?

Thanks Ninja

It's interlacing. Press F5 until it goes away

what's f5 do, disable interlacing?
F5 cycles the interlacing modes (including no interlace) so you can find one that works.
(08-15-2009, 11:59 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: F5 cycles the interlacing modes (including no interlace) so you can find one that works.

Does the interlace reset each time pscx2 is opened and how do u know if the interlace has changed, does it show "Interlaced (cubic)" or sth instead of "Interlaced (field)" and how many interlace modes are there
(08-17-2009, 07:12 AM)vni Wrote: Does the interlace reset each time pscx2 is opened

Yes if you enable them runing a game. if you enable them from the plugin configuration they stay.

Quote: and how do u know if the interlace has changed, does it show "Interlaced (cubic)" or sth instead of "Interlaced (field)"

Yes

Quote:and how many interlace modes are there

In ZeroGS/ZZOgl there's 2 and off, in GSdx there's 6 and off.