FFX video issue with gsdx9
eah someone who has it run perfect can write here his NV firmware version

btw my CPU is an Intel E6750@3200MHz
Fogive me if my English is not so good

Sponsored links

so while the problem shows up only in hardware mode, it defenetly must be somewhere in the videodriver
This may be happening because of the Internal Res. you set. Try checking native.
Already did. Sad
It's also not linked to the format of the screen nor the resolution.
I have 8800 GT as well (MSI), no probs with videos on any of the plugins.
(03-11-2009, 12:51 AM)Cain Wrote: I have 8800 GT as well (MSI), no probs with videos on any of the plugins.

what is ur forceware version?
Latest, 182.08 right now, but I never had problems even with earlier driver revisions.
That's interesting.

Could you maybe upload some pictures of your setting (with the black background from the pcsx2, there's info on your pc) so that we can see what exactly your settings are and what kind of pc you're using. (Screenshot by pressing print, -> paint -> insert ->save ->upload on imageshack.com -> code for forum -> put it into your post)

That would really help in finding out where the problem lies. Smile

EDIT: Oh, and just to make sure.
What kind of versions are you running of FFX?
I should have 1-2 other versions from a friend by tomorrow to test it out. Maybe it's the game version.
I use the FFX PAL version with english language and german subtitles. (So I assume it's the german version)
i have PAL version, english language, english subtitles
I just tested it with a FFX international version edited by fans in english language with japanese dub, and guess what. No problem with the videos yet.
So my best guess it's a problem with the PAL version of the game.
From a layman's point of view, my best guess is that gsdx9 cannot decide wether displaying the FMV or the 3d graphics has priority with the PAL version.
That's most likely why 3d engine and FMV overlap and disturbances are caused.

Now I've got to find a Non-pal version with english language (because - quite to my surprise - I think the english voiceover for tidus is better then the japanese. May be due to the fact that the audio quality of the fanedit is not perfect, but the english voiceover got much better flair and feeling) that STILL features the content of the international and pal version, which are the dark aeons. Quite unlikely, huh?

EDIT: Sorry guys, it's a bit different. I cannot confirm that it's just the PAL Version, because the only video scene I checked that issue with today was the first one. Which also happens to work with the PAL version. Most likely because there is a screenout/blackscreen just before the FMV plays.
That's not the case when the scene where Tidus meets Wakka for the first time and does his shot out of the water plays.
So I'll have to sit down later today and play til that scene with the two other versions I've got my hands on now, the international I told you about and another which I presume is either the ntsc or the english pal - only then can I tell you wether it's based on the version.
I probably also will have to go through the unenjoyable process of installing that new forceware that I'm so unsure about.

If someone does have savegames from the ntsc or pal and can try out some FMVs later on in the game, that would be quite helpful. Maybe even check wether the Wakka first time scene works for you.
I'd like to know wether it's a single time error during the Wakka scene or happens with multiple scenes where the background graphics are not screenout-ed.

One though I can confirm though, is that the very same scene plays without error with the old ZeroGS version. Even with antialising. Who would've thought that?
Sadly that version has a lot more corrupted graphics then the gsdx9.