FFX video issue with gsdx9
Okay, I took my time to check things a bit further so here's the update:

1. The new forceware of nvidia does NOT solve the problem. It remains unchanged.

2. It IS most likely an issue that comes up with the PAL version of the game. I tested the international version just now and confirmed that FMVs that previously did not show correctly are now working.
I also assume that the ntsc does not have this kind of problem, so it's probably PAL only.

Sponsored links

Hmm. Was just browsing for this same issue. Linux 1736 and 0.9.6 same issue (1736 won't even load it).

Time to fish around for my old NTSC copies of FFX... and my old US PS2 that someone sent me a while ago. Gah, means I need to figure out how to rip the bios again >_<

^ Lazy man is lazy.
People, please do not mix Forceware Driver and Firmware. Firmware is almost permanently installed in the card itself, and Forceware driver does not update it. The firmware can be updated by flashing the card. The Forceware driver is part of the OS Kernel, and has almost nothing to do with firmware. So when you talk of drivers, please talk of drivers. And when talking about firmware, talk of firmware Smile
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

(04-24-2010, 03:03 PM)mantasuk Wrote: People, please do not mix Forceware Driver and Firmware. Firmware is almost permanently installed in the card itself, and Forceware driver does not update it. The firmware can be updated by flashing the card. The Forceware driver is part of the OS Kernel, and has almost nothing to do with firmware. So when you talk of drivers, please talk of drivers. And when talking about firmware, talk of firmware Smile

Heh. Nothing doing - just been having similar issues, so I'm now digging up my NTSC FFX and PS2. I'll post in here if there's any differences - unfortunately, I don't own the international version.