FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
Hello, I have been using FFXED for years, in the about part it says v0.747
Today I saw there are updates, but I can only download it from this thread, and the JAR file won't run (nothing happens)
The old version that I have still runs and works perfectly fine, on the same computer. Wonder what is wrong... How to make it run??
Some information on both files for context:

Old version: 90,5 KB (92745 bytes) CRC32: 317a3d23 MD5: da6fa15dda40d3c58ec08b81fd03941f
New version (from this post) 95,3 KB (97610 bytes) CRC32: 07577242 MD5: e4a05504c966c4e0d95dd550dcfa5340

Also, the alternative download link is broken (at least on my side) Help???
I can convert raw PS2 saves from PCSX2 to Steam version with some tool called MemorySumChecker (it's all in Japanese but it works)
It shows a warning that the file was from a different language and names will be reset but after that it loads fine.
But I would like to open the Steam saves directly on FFXED, not to have to make saves for PS2 and then convert them every time.
A pity that I can't get this newer version to work. Tried reinstalling Java and the like. Nothing. Nothing opens with the new file.
It's a shame that there are very good tools out there to tweak with the game and memory stuff while it's running (Steam ver)
but at the same time nothing to edit tiny save files properly except years old stuff with tedious workarounds.... Life is ironic

Sponsored links

In case anyone needs a working version

EDIT:

Once again I have confirmed that software developed by a single person and not some big recognisable enterprise are against people whose language isn't English (and as such their Windows install isn't either) or their Windows username (my first name IRL) contains a character not normally used in this language, so software will error or just refuse to run. USA = world, so you can only run software through a Hyper-V machine (or completely format your computer and start over because "I was born in the wrong country")  Glare Glare

TLDR; "don't be born outside USA" and, if you are, surrender to install Windows in English and not use "special" characters...

We live in a world where AI that makes art or writes functional Python code from simple instructions in natural language, coexists with programs that fail because there's a letter with an accent in the default downloads folder path. Says a lot about society.

I hope non-English speakers will figure it out too, or use a translator on my post or something. Apparently Europeans don't exist, or matter.
(07-31-2009, 09:16 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: I have written a save-editing utility for all versions of FFX. Please post any questions or comments regarding the use of FFXED with PCSX2 in this thread and I will address them as soon as I can.

To use:
1. Use FFXED to open your virtual memory card and edit a FFX save. In the PCSX2 menus, go to PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards to find the location of the virtual memory cards (Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2). In Windows, this is usually the "Documents\PCSX2\memcards" directory. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit your memory card! Otherwise, your memory card may become corrupted!
2. mymc is required for FFXED to work with virtual memory cards. You will be prompted for the location of mymc.exe the first time you try to edit a virtual memory card. Here are some DLL files which may be required for mymc to work.

Troubleshooting:
- If FFXED.jar doesn't start up when you double-click it, first make sure you have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment installed on your machine.
- If you have installed Java and FFXED's JAR file is not associated with Java and some other program runs when you double-click it, run Jarfix.
- If mymc complains about missing DLL files, you can download them here. Extract them into the same folder as the rest of the mymc files.
- If you edit your save file and your edits do not show up when you play the game, check the following:
1. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit your save file.
2. Make sure you are not loading any savestates through PCSX2. You should start the game normally and load your save file normally in-game.
3. Verify that you are editing the correct memory card. In the PCSX2 menus, check that PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards is pointing to the correct memory card directory.
4. Verify that your edits are being saved. After saving your edits, close FFXED and use it to open your save file again to make sure that the edits are still there.
- If you have further problems, post in this topic and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jeS2-uU...sp=sharing

Download Links:

Other files, including save files with the three different Sphere Grids, save files with ultimate equipment, and a list of additional symbols that can be entered into character names:

If you want to use FFXED to skip to a certain point in the storyline, here are some helpful game coordinates:
FFX Game Coordinates

Standard Sphere Grid Index
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YhWESYe...sp=sharing

Expert Sphere Grid Index
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2BLebE...sp=sharing

Original Sphere Grid Index
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1580eNdu...sp=sharing

As a backup, you can also download the latest version of FFXED from here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Misc...FXED.shtml

This zip contains DLL files that might be required by mymc:

If the link to mymc is down, you can download it here:

I have also written some cheat codes to do things you can't do in FFXED, like swap character models and activate debugging flags. You can find those codes here: http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/index.php

I am trying to re-create 2 items that i missed out on by playing too far too fast.
they got "magic counter" and "automed"
what does the "auto-abillity capacity" mean?
and what should it be on for these items? These are the "buckler" and "Curative Targe"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-26-2023, 02:05 PM)chrisssj2 Wrote: I am trying to re-create 2 items that i missed out on by playing too far too fast.
they got "magic counter" and "automed"
what does the "auto-abillity capacity" mean?
and what should it be on for these items? These are the "buckler" and "Curative Targe"

Since the OP isn't gonna reply, guess I'll be the one to help you out.

Auto-ability capacity is how many slots the weapon or armor has to customize stuff into them using items from the menu (or using the save editor)

By automated, I guess you mean Auto-med (automatically use remedy), since automated doesn't exist in the game.

The shield with Magic Counter can only be bought when you arrive to the Calm Lands and is the only armor to have Magic Counter, since it cannot be customized into armor normally. IIRC it only had 1 slot, but I need to check.

The Curative Targe is any targe with the Auto-med on it, so the amount of slots is different depending on which one you get or customize Auto-med into.

Hope I helped since OP couldn't care less.

EDIT: This is the Buckler.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=77722]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

we need the language options that shows at the start of the FFX international game.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(03-20-2024, 04:43 AM)shinra358 Wrote: we need the language options that shows at the start of the FFX international game.

You can edit that in-game. Start the game and load from memory card (second option)
Select the first option for slot 1 or the second option for slot 2 and choose your saved data.
After it finished loading, press TRIANGLE to open the main menu.
Open the SETTINGS submenu with CIRCLE (IIRC it's the second option starting from the bottom)
The last setting on the bottom is LANGUAGE. Change it with left/right, press X (CANCEL) and wait for a few seconds.
There you are. Now Tidus or Yuna should make that save sphere happy.

You can load a different save quickly with a soft-reset (L1+L2+R1+R2)
This will go back to the title screen, and works for all PS2 releases, but not on PC Remaster (sadly)

(Yes, there is a DVD-ROM/HDD option, but you can't put the cursor/arrow on it...)
(03-20-2024, 11:46 AM)fireYtail004 Wrote: You can edit that in-game. Start the game and load from memory card (second option)
Select the first option for slot 1 or the second option for slot 2 and choose your saved data.
After it finished loading, press TRIANGLE to open the main menu.
Open the SETTINGS submenu with CIRCLE (IIRC it's the second option starting from the bottom)
The last setting on the bottom is LANGUAGE. Change it with left/right, press X (CANCEL) and wait for a few seconds.
There you are. Now Tidus or Yuna should make that save sphere happy.

You can load a different save quickly with a soft-reset (L1+L2+R1+R2)
This will go back to the title screen, and works for all PS2 releases, but not on PC Remaster (sadly)

(Yes, there is a DVD-ROM/HDD option, but you can't put the cursor/arrow on it...)

except for when converting alot of save files, that becomes tedious. also, for parts in the game that prompts you to save (no access to save crystal), you cannot change that for that save file without losing the place in which you saved at. So we need the english/japanese option and the STEREO/Mono options for this save editor. I have 25 save files. I managed to do that the long way last night but there are 4 save files i cannot do that with because of being saved in the middle of cutscene events.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(03-20-2024, 07:23 PM)shinra358 Wrote: except for when converting alot of save files, that becomes tedious. also, for parts in the game that prompts you to save (no access to save crystal), you cannot change that for that save file without losing the place in which you saved at. So we need the english/japanese option and the STEREO/Mono options for this save editor. I have 25 save files. I managed to do that the long way last night but there are 4 save files i cannot do that with because of being saved in the middle of cutscene events.

I know what you mean, I wasn't trying to say that you are wrong and that the OP shouldn't update it to add those things.

As for no save sphere locations, that can be fixed by changing the room you spawn in, to spawn in a room with a save sphere, then change it in-game, then change your save again to the previous spawn location. It is tedious and not ideal, but it is what we have.

You have many rooms in this post https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-Game-Coordinates