FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
I saw a while back you removed the Al Bhed Primer Count field from FFXED. Is there another way we can manipulate the count, or are we SOL?

Sponsored links

(01-28-2013, 01:46 PM)Grimtooth Wrote: I saw a while back you removed the Al Bhed Primer Count field from FFXED. Is there another way we can manipulate the count, or are we SOL?

FFXED counts up the primers and edits the field automatically.
okay, so i downloaded MYMC, extracted it to its current folder, and extracted the library.

i then downloaded the 2 missing DLL files when i rather abruptly found out it wasnt opening.

i then downloaded FFXED, saved it to its appropriate folder, left that there for a while.

played through FFX until the first save point which is on the zanarkand highway with auron just before the first mini boss battle.

i opened MYMC, loaded MC 1, it opened, everything works fine and dandy.

i opened FFXED, clicked load file, clicked MC1 "please locate "mymc.exe"

i navigated to it, opened it, then was greeted with the message "problem accessing mymc.exe

the only way ive seemingly managed to use an FFXED edited load so far is to delete the original and then import the FFXED version, but when i save, it gets saved over.

am i just being fussy, or am i doing it wrong? if it comes to the point that i have to actually do this every time i want to boost stats or change equipment or whatever then okay i wont mind doing it for a while, but im fairly sure that its not intended to be used this way :L either that or like i said im just fussy. thanks for the help!
(01-30-2013, 03:06 PM)Gothiko Wrote: i opened FFXED, clicked load file, clicked MC1 "please locate "mymc.exe"

i navigated to it, opened it, then was greeted with the message "problem accessing mymc.exe

the only way ive seemingly managed to use an FFXED edited load so far is to delete the original and then import the FFXED version, but when i save, it gets saved over.

am i just being fussy, or am i doing it wrong?

Well, people were using FFXED that way for years before I integrated with mymc... But anyway you can try a few things.

1. Download the version of mymc that is contained as an attachment on the first page and try that. It already has the DLLs and I know it works.

2. Zip your broken mymc folder and post it as an attachment so I can look at it and see if something is wrong.

3. Make sure FFXED is not in a read-only folder.

4. Also, what OS are you using?
(01-30-2013, 08:28 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: Well, people were using FFXED that way for years before I integrated with mymc... But anyway you can try a few things.

1. Download the version of mymc that is contained as an attachment on the first page and try that. It already has the DLLs and I know it works.

2. Zip your broken mymc folder and post it as an attachment so I can look at it and see if something is wrong.

3. Make sure FFXED is not in a read-only folder.

4. Also, what OS are you using?

problem solved!

i tried moving FFXED to a non read-only folder, but no matter what i did every last folder was read only, even folders that i created especially for FFXED. i ended up just putting it on the desktop.

i downloaded the MYMC from the attachment on the first page, extracted it, opened and it worked, opened FFXED and attempted to open a memory card and it worked first time! Smile

i have also attached my broken MYMC for you to investigate, should you still wish to.

my OS is windows 7 home premium.

thanks for all of your help!

Attached Files
.rar   MYMC (broken).rar (Size: 4,19 MB / Downloads: 106)
Thanks for helping me resolve this. When I get home I will make a code change so a more descriptive error message is displayed to tell you that FFXED needs to be in a read-only folder. The reason for this is that FFXED creates the INI file and temporary input/output files for mymc in the same directory as FFXED.jar. Without permission to create those files, it will not work.
(01-31-2013, 12:11 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: Thanks for helping me resolve this. When I get home I will make a code change so a more descriptive error message is displayed to tell you that FFXED needs to be in a read-only folder. The reason for this is that FFXED creates the INI file and temporary input/output files for mymc in the same directory as FFXED.jar. Without permission to create those files, it will not work.

no worries.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah that makes sense.

again, thank you!
(01-31-2013, 12:13 AM)Gothiko Wrote: no worries.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah that makes sense.

again, thank you!

Actually that's not a problem solved. You should not have anything on the desktop other than shortcut icons and even then keep them the minimal possible.

An actual solution pass by finding why all folders are read only really. Windows marks "all" them as read only but they aren't... don't ask.

Seems to be part of the security mechanism and applies only to users/groups not explicitly defined at the security tab and a major suspect on inheritances problems related to application calling another application, what is the case of PCSX2 itself and plugins, moddable games and now the FFXED calling MyMC.

I know for sure that Windows 8 is making the C: taboo to have files directly on it being turned "protected", never had this on Windows 7 but I can't say what the updates may bring to light.

One possible explanation for the issues you experimented being the folders you attempted before were under some windows specially protected folder, most commonly the C:\Program Files, it's x(86) counterpart or under the \users, what includes the Documents folder (yes, having files, inis, saves and... documents in general there is not problem... running applications from inside these folders is the problem).

Since you never specifically stated the actual folders structure you used, my advice is creating one yourself, let's call it c:\FFXED and try from there. Above all make sure "MyMC" is not under C:\Program Files in any way also.

If still having problems, try right clicking FFXED and them running it as administrator. That's not good idea in general but important here for testing purposes.

UAC is the other major cause of issues to the applications which someway call another application or plugins.

Good luck, you really should not keep anything into the Desktop folder, it's a very special folder that Windows polls all the time and having things in there just harms general performance.

Edit: For the clearness sake, the kind of issues discussed above don't show up if you run the application directly for it inherits your "user privileges", so you may run MyMC directly without problems if it is under one these protected folders, but things become a bit more complex on inter-callings and the inheritance chain depends on the relative placing of all involved and the original starter (the user... you as your account) and how aggressive UAC is set.
Imagination is where we are truly real
hey is there any possibility to access PSV files? or would someone be so kind to convert my PSU file back to the PSV file?
PSV files are digitally signed by Sony's software so that is why they are so hard to create. If you search on Google you can find some PSV creation methods that are out there.