FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
This error comes up when I try using the mymc file the way I read how, says it can't write to directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32 Check my file system permissions. The heck's that mean?

Sponsored links

(07-31-2009, 09:16 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: I have written a save-editing utility for all versions of FFX. Please post any questions or comments regarding the use of FFXED with PCSX2 in this thread and I will address them as soon as I can.

To use:
1. Use FFXED to open your virtual memory card and edit a FFX save. In the PCSX2 menus, go to PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards to find the location of the virtual memory cards (Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2). In Windows, this is usually the "Documents\PCSX2\memcards" directory. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit your memory card! Otherwise, your memory card may become corrupted!
2. mymc is required for FFXED to work with virtual memory cards. You will be prompted for the location of mymc.exe the first time you try to edit a virtual memory card. Here are some DLL files which may be required for mymc to work.

Troubleshooting:
- If FFXED.jar doesn't start up when you double-click it, first make sure you have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment installed on your machine.
- If you have installed Java and FFXED's JAR file is not associated with Java and some other program runs when you double-click it, run Jarfix.
- If mymc complains about missing DLL files, you can download them here. Extract them into the same folder as the rest of the mymc files.
- If you edit your save file and your edits do not show up when you play the game, check the following:
1. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit your save file.
2. Make sure you are not loading any savestates through PCSX2. You should start the game normally and load your save file normally in-game.
3. Verify that you are editing the correct memory card. In the PCSX2 menus, check that PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards is pointing to the correct memory card directory.
4. Verify that your edits are being saved. After saving your edits, close FFXED and use it to open your save file again to make sure that the edits are still there.
- If you have further problems, post in this topic and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Screenshot:
[Image: ffxedv0744.th.png]

Download Links:

Other files, including save files with the three different Sphere Grids, save files with ultimate equipment, and a list of additional symbols that can be entered into character names:

If you want to use FFXED to skip to a certain point in the storyline, here are some helpful game coordinates:
FFX Game Coordinates

Standard Sphere Grid Index
[Image: standardspheregridnodei.th.png]

Original Sphere Grid Index
[Image: originalspheregridnodeio.th.png]

As a backup, you can also download the latest version of FFXED from here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Misc...FXED.shtml

This zip contains DLL files that might be required by mymc:

If the link to mymc is down, you can download it here:

I have also written some cheat codes to do things you can't do in FFXED, like swap character models and activate debugging flags. You can find those codes here: http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/index.php

I got everything working (more or less) but I was wondering what I do with the optional FFXED files I downloaded. I mean, how do I use them?
Open your save and the go to Import=>Browse
You import the file you downloaded and import whatever you want from it.Then save your save and import it to the pcsx2 memory card
I can't seem to get this working correctly. When I go to open up FFXED, the jar file opens(without the need of jarfix) and I select the memory card file I want to edit(Mcd001.ps2, pcsx2 is not running during this). However, when it prompts me to find the location of mymc.exe and I click on that file, I get the message ---
"ERROR: This does not appear to be a valid copy of mymc or it is not working correctly"

I followed the first post's guide strictly and picked up what it told me to, plus the QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll and put them in the folder that FFXED is in. I have scoured google for answers to this error message and found nothing. Any ideas on where to go from here?
Can I skip to a poit in the game I just can't seem to fine a save where I what to be. or its not for that final fantasy x international Or i got no ideal if its for final fantasy x international or if some one can link it to me a oage can help me
ApolloTheDragon
Processor: 4.4 GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Ststem Type: Windows 8 Home 64 Bit
Display Adapters: AMD Radeon HD 6450
(06-08-2014, 06:51 AM)ApolloTheDragon Wrote: Can I skip to a poit in the game I just can't seem to fine a save where I what to be. or its not for that final fantasy x international Or i got no ideal if its for final fantasy x international or if some one can link it to me a oage can help me

Have you tried using the fourth download link on the first page of this thread? It is titled "FFXED game coordinates".
(01-10-2014, 03:53 PM)kjades Wrote: Hi,

great work btw Smile
I need some help...I'd like to obtain the Caladbolg (or whatever its name is Smile ), the BASIC one, the one you find in the chest right behind the guard in the Calm Lands...I don't know how to add it manually through the Equipment screen in FFXED, since I'm not sure about things like Formula, Attack Power, etc etc...so I tried setting the Catcher Chochobo best time at 0:00:00...but the guard protecting the chest with the Caladbolg won't move...

Now...how am I supposed to do this?

you don't need to get 0:00:00 with this, just go to item and get all crest and tidus sigil and celestial mirror, just win the race to get caldbolg, or you can modify any weapon like the caldbolg.. Smile

(06-03-2014, 07:02 PM)-TheShadow- Wrote: I can't seem to get this working correctly. When I go to open up FFXED, the jar file opens(without the need of jarfix) and I select the memory card file I want to edit(Mcd001.ps2, pcsx2 is not running during this). However, when it prompts me to find the location of mymc.exe and I click on that file, I get the message ---
"ERROR: This does not appear to be a valid copy of mymc or it is not working correctly"

I followed the first post's guide strictly and picked up what it told me to, plus the QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll and put them in the folder that FFXED is in. I have scoured google for answers to this error message and found nothing. Any ideas on where to go from here?

you must extract the save file first using mymc then open the extracted with ffxed, not open the mcd001.ps2 with the ffxed, hope you have solve that problem before my post..Happy
Mymc doesn't let me extract it, or I don't know how. Mymc doesn't open and there is no command that appears saying to extract anything besides a rar file. Maybe these links are too old so I got a version of it that doesn't work anymore?
(06-12-2014, 12:58 PM)-TheShadow- Wrote: Mymc doesn't let me extract it, or I don't know how. Mymc doesn't open and there is no command that appears saying to extract anything besides a rar file. Maybe these links are too old so I got a version of it that doesn't work anymore?

Are you using a Mac? I think mymc only works on Windows.
Nope, win 7. It just keeps saying it's not a valid copy, no matter where I get the file from. I can't imagine that being a Mac only problem(in the event I was using a Mac based os).