FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
It does only if you want to play the save on your PS3.
I don't have any experience in converting modified save back to psv file

Sponsored links

What I don't understand is I was able to get the buster sword just fine with that tutorial. But now I'm just repeating the same thing over and over again having to wait for the game to load over and over only to see Luca stadium. Man I wish I can go back in time and properly save the data.
Why not try your save on pcsx2 before trying it on the PS3...or maybe you are doing that.
Post your save before starting to edit and and after you edit and save it(use Save As)
OMG. I got it! Was just not properly labeling my ffxed edit save. I understand now. thanks for helping! bye!
(10-11-2014, 10:24 PM)vsub Wrote: That guide seems way too complicated.
Are you using your pcsx2 memory card saves for the game to make the changes with FFXED and then use the save on pcsx2?

This is what I do
1.Open the card with Mymc and export the save to psu format
2.Start FFXED and open the psu save
3.Make the changes I want and use the SAVE button
4.Open the memory card again with mymc and delete the FFX save(it won't allow you to import the save otherwise)
5.Import the save

That's all and it always work on pcsx2 and on my ps2

I'm afraid it's far, far different for PS3. There's a terrible checksum on the PS3, and if you make even a single change on the Save it will not load without applying the proper methods. (That also involves using a cheat through Bruteforce Save Data which updates the Checksum. And obtaining said checksum can only be done with another tool called MemorySumChecker, which calculates the new differences. Using the 5 steps you gave won't work sadly. Sony loves to make things difficult.

It doesn't make much sense that he's being sent back to Luca Stadium though...... I used the same method myself and never had any issues with it. Even using the latest version of FFXED.

[Edit]
Well that solves that LOL. Yay for posting at the same time... Glad you got it working bustersword. Smile
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
when I try using the samurai sword appearance with anyone, the game freezes the moment I go into battle. Please can anyone tell me why this happens? It doesn't freeze when I use it as a shield but not as a weapon
Thank you for such an amazing program! I lost my save files on PCSX2 and this gives me hope to get back without hours of grinding again Smile My only question is that the window is incredibly small and it's pretty hard to read. I can't really find a way to make the window for FFXED any bigger. The maximize icon is grayed out. Any ideas? Thank you again!
I've been trying to get more Gil but it's not working. It's in the Misc part of the FFXED but none of it's working is it because i'm using a save file from PCSXC 1.2.1? Help because i'm not sure, it's just to get more gil for the game. The rest of FFXED work's fine and perfect but none of the Misc things not working for me like the game coordinates and the Gil Donated to O'aka. Help?

EDIT: I fixed it my self by converting the save to psu format editing via there then changing it back to PCSXC format.
Hey

when i used the blitz ball section on this FFXED save editor

it did not max out my blitz ball team members at all

and yes i did click done and save as well

so what could be wrong then

thanks
Hey all!

So I'm kind of new to FFXED, even though I've used it for the past year or so. However, I'm new persay to certain aspects of the module.

For instance;

I just started a new game of FFX. I got all the way to where Rikku tells you how to use the sphere grid.

Next, I saved, and exited the game, then proceeded to open up FFXED.

I went to the "Sphere Grid" section after I loaded my save game, and wanted to play this particular run-through on the "Standard" sphere grid, and I would also play "Expert" on my next and final run-through.

However, as I change the type to either "standard" or "expert" when I load the game back up, it's just a blank screen with the message "Lv. 3 Lock is block the way!"

I've tried importing the "Standard Sphere Grid" from the "Optional FFXED Files" but to no avail.

I am running an NTSU version of the game on PCSX2 1.2.1

Any help on this?