FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
When I swap my Standard sphere grid to Expert it doesnt seem to match this one: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120...e_grid.jpg

Is that picture outdated or something?

Sponsored links

I know its been a while and I felt like messing with this game again but I can't for the love og god remember how to activate the ffxed jar file. I've tried left and right click but it always opens up like winrar does. Please help before I lose my mind?
Hello
that is whether the trophies are blocked or not on PS3

because I seek a backup editor for ffx HD

thanks
87 pages on this thread...OY. If my problem was posted, please excuse my noobiness. :/

It works for me...to a degree. It won't load my saves on Memory Card 1, but will load the save on Memory Card 2.  When I try to load a save from card one, I get an error message saying:

ERROR: Problem parsing mymc output

Then after clicking OK, I get:

ERROR: No FFX save files were found in memory card: C:\Users\(location on my computer)\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2

Now, the saves are there...as a matter of fact there's three saves on Card 1 and only one on Card 2, but FFXED only can read Card 2. :/

What exactly does "parsing mymc output" mean and how do I fix it?

I've downloaded all the files and fixes from the OP of this thread, but the way.

Thanks for any and all help.  Smile
Revised Guide for FFXED Steam. (NO NEED FOR THE TEMPLATE FILE ANYMORE)

Credits:
[Rodrigovda]: For figuring out the junk data in the savedata and providing the required offsets to be deleted. [Source]
[fuzzymillipede]: For the awesome editing program FFXED.

[Requirements]
[Instructions]
First things first, remember to make a backup of your save files just in case something goes wrong!

Alright, open up HxD.
Your FFX-HD Steam save files are located in ?:\Users\*****\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY X&X-2 HD Remaster\FINAL FANTASY X.
Go to File > Open. Select your desired FFX-HD save that you wish to edit. (ffx_000 is the in-game Autosave file)
Right-click the giant field of numbers, and choose Select Block
Start offset: 64F8
End offset: 68FF
Next, right-click this selected part and choose Delete. (Ignore the warning that comes up and confirm the deletion).

This will delete junk data from the PC save file and allows you to open up the save directly inside FFXED without having a need for a template file.
Save the changes.

You can now open up the PC save file in FFXED and make your desired changes.

[Image: WkoJ9qS.png]

[Image: YdC5EZz.png]

Now in order to prevent the game from thinking the data has been corrupted, we are going to use the tool MemorySumChecker.

Open the tool and press CTRL+O which will give you the 'Open' prompt. Select your FFX-HD save.
In that little dropdown box you see, make sure it says something with X-HD in there. Once that is set, press the blue play button.
On the bottomright section it will say something like SHOW XX XX, etc.

[Image: 6r5LHff.png]

That's all there is to it. The checksum is now fixed, and you are able to safely load the game.

[Image: 9o6Q4vM.png]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-16-2016, 02:14 PM)Ryudo Wrote: For the people wanting to use FFXED with the Steam version.

I was able to edit saves without using the template file. The game can read the truncated files, they just need to be run through MemorySumChecker.
FFXED won't recognize the steam save files. So you can't open them without making use of the template file.
That's the only reason the entire step is there, so FFXED can correctly open the files.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
(05-16-2016, 08:52 PM)Ryudo Wrote: FFXED won't recognize the steam save files. So you can't open them without making use of the template file.
That's the only reason the entire step is there, so FFXED can correctly open the files.

FFXED will not recognize the steam files inherently, that is correct. But you only need to truncate the save file at hex address 0x64F8 in order for FFXED to load it. The rest of the save file is just junk data.
The template is not needed because the FFX-HD port on Steam can in fact read the files that FFXED writes if you run MemorySumChecker on the resulting file from FFXED.
(05-16-2016, 09:24 PM)Psychoholic Wrote: FFXED will not recognize the steam files inherently, that is correct. But you only need to truncate the save file at hex address 0x64F8 in order for FFXED to load it. The rest of the save file is just junk data.
The template is not needed because the FFX-HD port on Steam can in fact read the files that FFXED writes if you run MemorySumChecker on the resulting file from FFXED.

Ah yes I see what you mean now. Very nice find. That saves some extra time on things.
Not my own find, the method was on the steam forums. Laugh