FFXI Saves Always Corrupt
(06-21-2013, 12:15 PM)Bositman Wrote: My suggestion would be to disable any patches/cheats if you have any on. Then delete the whole memcard, let PCSX2 create a new one, format it and start over

Thanks, I will. I have cheats enabled, but why only on FFXII? Why not with other games too? I also use cheats on them, and the saves on memory card are just fine.

Sponsored links

(06-21-2013, 12:21 PM)drew648 Wrote: Thanks, I will. I have cheats enabled, but why only on FFXII? Why not with other games too? I also use cheats on them, and the saves on memory card are just fine.

It is a possibility that some cheat may be breaking the game during saves, resulting in the corruption you describe. Give it a go and tell us if anything has changed.
(06-21-2013, 12:23 PM)Coornio Wrote: It is a possibility that some cheat may be breaking the game during saves, resulting in the corruption you describe. Give it a go and tell us if anything has changed.

I will. After I come back from work. So it's best if I disable the cheat while saving for that game? It can be disabled while playing, right? Bcuz I did it one time. I think that was the reason why I was able to load the FFXII save properly.

(06-21-2013, 11:44 AM)refraction Wrote: I'm confused to why you are so against ripping your CD? You realise it doesn't destroy your disc and will probably work better right?

but guys (KetchupT100 im looking at you) please avoid pointless spammy posts, we don't allow that on these forums.

I don't know how to do it. That's why I'm against it. Sorry.

Sad
Yes, in the menu bar: System -> Enable cheats. Make sure you pause and resume for the change to take effect too.
(06-21-2013, 12:27 PM)drew648 Wrote: I don't know how to do it. That's why I'm against it. Sorry.

Sad

You'll never learn to do anything unless you try, it is actually very easy to do.

I would advise against using cheats at all until your problem is resolved. Once you know it's working without, maybe only enable a couple of cheats and see if it still breaks things, if not, add a couple of more of your cheats until you find the culprit. Only faulty cheats will cause problems like this so you won't be losing anything by removing the guilty party.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-21-2013, 12:28 PM)Coornio Wrote: Yes, in the menu bar: System -> Enable cheats. Make sure you pause and resume for the change to take effect too.

Thanks! Smile

I hope it works. Now I have to get ready to go to work.
Love to stay and work on this but I have make money first
to pay for the bills. Hahaha!

I'll let you guys know later what the outcome is.

(06-21-2013, 12:31 PM)refraction Wrote: You'll never learn to do anything unless you try, it is actually very easy to do.

I would advise against using cheats at all until your problem is resolved. Once you know it's working without, maybe only enable a couple of cheats and see if it still breaks things, if not, add a couple of more of your cheats until you find the culprit. Only faulty cheats will cause problems like this so you won't be losing anything by removing the guilty party.

I'll also do this later. I'll probably take out the infinite HP thingy. I'll just leave the Infinite Gil. Thanks for being patient. Sorry if I'm pissing you guys
off bcuz of being stubborn and all. ^^,
You've eased off on the stubbonness, im happy ;p

It worked! Turning off the cheat before saving/loading doesn't corrupt the file! Yehey!
No specific cheat is causing the problem.

Thank you so much!!!

*bow*
I doubt they're ALL causing the problem ;p but glad its working.

(06-22-2013, 03:11 AM)refraction Wrote: I doubt they're ALL causing the problem ;p but glad its working.

I'm really glad they are now. I can save my game now through the memory card. Laugh